Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ woman hit with ball sues Little League player

*shakes head*

MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey woman who was struck in the face with a baseball at a Little League game is suing the young catcher who threw it.

Elizabeth Lloyd is seeking more than $150,000 in damages to cover medical costs stemming from the incident at a Manchester Little League game two years ago. She's also seeking an undefined amount for pain and suffering.

Lloyd was sitting at a picnic table near a fenced-in bullpen when she was hit with the ball.

Catcher Matthew Migliaccio was 11 years old at the time and was warming up a pitcher.

The lawsuit filed April 24 alleges Migliaccio's errant throw was intentional and reckless, "assaulted and battered" Lloyd and caused "severe, painful and permanent" injuries.

A second count alleges Migliaccio's actions were negligent and careless through "engaging in inappropriate physical and/or sporting activity" near Lloyd. She continues to suffer pain and anguish, incur medical expenses and has been unable to carry out her usual duties and activities, the lawsuit says.

And Lloyd's husband, in a third count, is suing for the loss of "services, society and consortium" of his wife. They've demanded a jury trial.

Anthony Pagano, a lawyer for the Migliaccios, said the lawsuit is frivolous and without merit.

"I just think that it's disgusting that you have people suing an 11-year-old kid for overthrowing his pitcher in the bullpen," Pagano said. "It's horrible this can actually happen and get this far. Ultimately, hopefully, justice will prevail."

The count alleging negligence and carelessness is covered by homeowner's insurance, Pagano said, but the other counts are not. Little League has denied any coverage.

Lloyd's lawyer was out of the office Friday and could not be reached for comment.

Steve Barr, a spokesman for Little League, declined to comment on the litigation. He said each local league is required to have accident insurance, but that only covers personnel.

Read more: http://www.charter.net/news/read.php....org%3E&ps=994

don't fucking sit near the field if you don't want to take the chance of getting hit.

Bunch of pussies.

Comment

Where is Facebook for said biatch and the lawyer too?
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

The judge should pay Curt Schilling $50 to fire a ball at her. He needs the money.

Comment

anytime you go to a baseball game even if its little league or the majors...You always keep your eye on the game

Comment

i would say that what jury would side with that dumb bitch, but this is happening in New Jersey, so who knows.
            2011 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

Fuck that bitch. Now I hope he did do it on purpose.

Comment

I didnt read any of that, but I hope they throw the case out and horse fuck the lawyer that took the case for 33-40%.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

And the woman's scumbag husband is suing because he couldn't get sex due to the injury....

Comment

Is her face made of glass?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      And the woman's scumbag husband is suing because he couldn't get sex due to the injury....

Maybe the ball stuck in her giant puss.

Comment

This bitch must be related to Baron's neighbor.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

These types of stories sicken me.
                          :

Comment

Considering an 11 year old can't throw a ball that fucking hard, I can't imagine it doing hardly any damage. But, clearly, this woman and her husband are insane.

Comment

"severe, painful and permanent" injuries? What the hell? I hope this kid countersues.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X