Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dislike my company...love the job, don't like the company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dislike my company...love the job, don't like the company.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    I dislike my company...love the job, don't like the company.

After reading a post that slow99 posted about not liking his company that he works for but likes what he does, just not the company. Anyone else feel this way?
    I sure do feel the same way. I bust my ass at work, and save the company/dept a lot of money on their assets when they get impounded / seized / forfeited. I've been with this comp for over 2yrs and if i find a new gig soon or get enough work at the shop I will say "peace!!" and put in my two weeks.

its friday im just gonna try to make it thru dont really like what i do or who i work for either but its a job. a lil bit more dough and i can do my own thing

Comment

Quit working,that will show them fuckers!
      Where do you work?

Comment

When I started at this company we had 400 stores. Now we've got almost 4000. I'm seeing a lot of pointless tasks that look like someone is trying to justify their jobs in the last year or two. It's irritating. But I like helping people grow and move up the ladder. Every job has its ups and downs.

Comment

Everyone already knows I work for HP. IMO we were much better off as EDS but that old CEO was a punk ass bitch that spent his days setting the company up for sale.

Anyways, HP is a bureaucratic monstrosity. It takes for fuckin ever to get anything done. I put in a request to have some very minor switch port changes done TWO MONTHS ago. They will finally do it next week. All they are doing is changing the port speed. They won't even be taking an outage for it. And that just scratches the surface.

Meg Whitman seems to be a pretty smart cookie and she is attacking that bureaucracy but it is a real up hill fight for her. She has to fix the fuckups of TWO former CEO's. One was a cost cutting jackass that didn't re-invest in the company. The other was just a flat out fuckin' moron. She's going to be laying off or giving early retirement to 25k people over the next couple of years. IMO that may help if they really do cut out the bureaucracy but I'm not so sure they are targeting the right people..

But then again, I do love my job. I work from home. I've had several very successful project rescues. I've gotten to the point where they call me when shit hits the fan because I can get'er done. My boss is a pretty cool dude and the boss above him is just as cool.

Comment

I like what i do....keeps me around cars but not getting dirty unless its my own car.

job stays the same...pay goes up...company changes.
            as long as the checks keep coming...im good.
            Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

I'm sorta in that boat. I went to work for a small software company with about 125 people. Thru mergers and an acquisition we are now at 65k people. The overhead to do anything is ridiculous, plus it's a foreign owned company, and I don't care for that country's way of thinking, even though my family is from there (Germany).

I must admit the bonuses keep people, but it is frustrating.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I won't post anything negative about my company since I am posting this from a work computer. I'll leave it at that

But, I don't have anything positive to say....

Comment

Well Im glad i have a job in this economy. Just like stated above ups and downs. Just some people at work need to leave their ego at the door.

Comment

I got a real problem with some of the ignorant shit that goes on around this place. I don't love my job but I love the fat ass paycheck I get for doing it. Hopefully I am going to go do this same job for a lot more of that precious money at some other place soon.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Overall I'm happy with my employer. Now being a publicly traded company they make cuts and changes at times that make you scratch your head but it is understandable. We are growing fairly quickly so a lot of growing pains and bullshit policies being implemented so people at corporate can justify another year in their seats. (Typical corporate office policy maker who hasnt worked a day in the field) The compensation is good, long hours and time away from family sucks but hopefully I can hit my one year mark ASAP and transfer to the corporate office. The perks here are great, ill say that. Oh and I do hate how this company is so HR sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I got a real problem with some of the ignorant shit that goes on around this place. I don't love my job but I love the fat ass paycheck I get for doing it. Hopefully I am going to go do this same job for a lot more of that precious money at some other place soon.
                        C.R.E.A.M. Get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all.

Reason I don't like this joint anymore is because Associates all ate a big shit sandwich when bonus time rolled around last year.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I absolutely hate working for my employer. I absolutely love what I do.

This year I rode a huey from Arlington(KGKY) to Santa Fe, and then up through the mountains to Alamosa, and finally Leadville, CO. It almost makes up for the bullshit I deal with here. I'd love to post pictures, but my fucking camera was stolen. At work.
                          Men have become the tools of their tools.
                          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                            I absolutely hate working for my employer. I absolutely love what I do.

This year I rode a huey from Arlington(KGKY) to Santa Fe, and then up through the mountains to Alamosa, and finally Leadville, CO. It almost makes up for the bullshit I deal with here. I'd love to post pictures, but my fucking camera was stolen. At work.

That sucks man. Btw, hope you're wearing ear protection when you're up in those things all the time. One of my dads coworkers was a test pilot for Bell, and now in his 60s is pretty much deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              That sucks man. Btw, hope you're wearing ear protection when you're up in those things all the time. One of my dads coworkers was a test pilot for Bell, and now in his 60s is pretty much deaf.
                              Yeah, I had a nifty helmet that made me look like Dark Helmet in Spaceballs.
                              Men have become the tools of their tools.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X