Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol antenna..no thanks

Comment

I ditched the cable years ago and hooked up the antennae. No one ever turns it on except for news, though. My family welcomed the change, as we all bemoaned reality tv and the like.

Comment

Other than having direct tv for a few months back in '98, i have had just an antenna all of my life. I don't want to waste money on all that. As for hdtv, the ota picture looks better than cable or satellite because its not compressed as much. When i see other people's tv at their house i always wonder if the hd signal is non hd because it doesn't look as crisp.

As for the special hd antenna, i am still using the same $40 one i bought in 1986. It works just fine.
        Last edited by line-em-up; 06-22-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

We opted to drop car insurance in favor of getting every movie channel available.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
            Lol antenna..no thanks
            That's pretty much the way I consider TV in general, and definitely not worth paying for on a monthly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              Hmmm....guess i must be lucky then. The one I bought from Walmart works just fine. I have no issues with picking up any channels.
              Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
              Rabbit ears should be fully extended and as horizontal as feasible, perpendicular to the direction of transmission (cedar hill for most people in DFW) to maximize reception. TV signals are horizontally polarized.

Ya'll must be in a great location because neither my father in Duncanville or myself in Red Oak had much success using various brands and styles of antenna's that were supposedly "GOOD" HDTV antenna's.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                Ya'll must be in a great location because neither my father in Duncanville or myself in Red Oak had much success using various brands and styles of antenna's that were supposedly "GOOD" HDTV antenna's.
                Well, I can't say from experience so much as from theory. I lived in Duncanville for awhile, but had cable. I'd think you'd get pretty good reception in those areas!
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                X