Anyone using just antennas for TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    I've been contemplating the switch for a while. What do I need in order to make the switch? Where can I get an antenna? Im tired of spending $110-$130 a month for the 4 channels I watch!
    If you have a digital tv all you need is a digital antenna. Analogy tv, you'll need a digital box and an antenna.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Interwebs>paying to watch ads on cable
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I have basic cable. Just to watch a few of my favorite shows. Other then that im on the internet or. Netflix xbox live.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          If you have a digital tv all you need is a digital antenna. Analogy tv, you'll need a digital box and an antenna.
          Lets not add any confusion to the BS that the salesmen often use to sell antenna's......there is no such thing as a DIGITAL antenna. An antenna is an antenna. The important thing to look at is the frequency band that digital television uses. ANY antenna is capable of pulling in digital TV signals, but some do work better than others. The antenna I'm using was produced probably in the late 60's or earlier...but it works great. I will tell you that the piece of shit DIGITAL and HD antennas they sell at Wal-Mart pretty much are garbage...you'd probably have better results using a cheap 2 dollar antenna from the local Dollar General. MOST digital HDTV ready televisions require a fairly strong signal to tune in DIGITAL broadcasts...and the signal needs to be better than with analog for continuous use. I have not found a set of "rabbit ears" that do an adequate job. The BEST antenna for HDTV would be an elevated external antenna that is tuned for the frequencies that HDTV uses.

Comment

A friend of mine did the same thing and lives off netflix now. Funny thing is he's always glued to my TV whenever he comes over (lol).. Sure anybody can live without it, but it's still entertainment for me which I don't mind paying for. If it were free would you still ditch it?

Comment

For awhile i only watch dvd and them i got a hd converter box. But that got old and now have verizon viozzzzzzzz

Comment

Vioz?

Comment

We have been using an antenna now for several years and the only thing I can say we miss is the NFL Sunday Ticket, but most games can be found online regardless with a little searching.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    Vioz?
                    Yea you know ferizon's new TV service.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                      I've been contemplating the switch for a while. What do I need in order to make the switch? Where can I get an antenna? Im tired of spending $110-$130 a month for the 4 channels I watch!
                      antennaweb.org can show you what stations you should get and what type antenna is best to receive them. Hit or miss though. I get some that it doesn't mention and can't get some that it says I should.

Comment

I can't live without motocross/supercross on Fuel, Speed and CBS.

Comment

I paid $20 for an antenna at radio shack. Works fine. Wii and roku for netflix and laptop/hdmi for streaming stuff. Works great!
                          Last edited by TexasT; 06-22-2012, 06:34 PM.
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
                            I can't live without motocross/supercross on Fuel, Speed and CBS.
                            You do know CBS is local and free over the air!

Guess you like that nerd show. Forgot the name sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Lets not add any confusion to the BS that the salesmen often use to sell antenna's......there is no such thing as a DIGITAL antenna. An antenna is an antenna. The important thing to look at is the frequency band that digital television uses. ANY antenna is capable of pulling in digital TV signals, but some do work better than others. The antenna I'm using was produced probably in the late 60's or earlier...but it works great. I will tell you that the piece of shit DIGITAL and HD antennas they sell at Wal-Mart pretty much are garbage...you'd probably have better results using a cheap 2 dollar antenna from the local Dollar General. MOST digital HDTV ready televisions require a fairly strong signal to tune in DIGITAL broadcasts...and the signal needs to be better than with analog for continuous use. I have not found a set of "rabbit ears" that do an adequate job. The BEST antenna for HDTV would be an elevated external antenna that is tuned for the frequencies that HDTV uses.
                              Hmmm....guess i must be lucky then. The one I bought from Walmart works just fine. I have no issues with picking up any channels.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                                I have not found a set of "rabbit ears" that do an adequate job. The BEST antenna for HDTV would be an elevated external antenna that is tuned for the frequencies that HDTV uses.
                                Rabbit ears should be fully extended and as horizontal as feasible, perpendicular to the direction of transmission (cedar hill for most people in DFW) to maximize reception. TV signals are horizontally polarized.
                                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X