Anyone using just antennas for TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using just antennas for TV?

People look at me like I am crazy when I say I don't have cable or satellite, but I can't say I miss it alot. I got tired of all the "American xxxxxx" shows and other BS reality shows. They all follow the same lousy formula. SHow you 5 minutes, 5 minutes of commercial, 3 minutes repeating what you just saw before commercial, a couple of more new minutes, 5 more minutes of commericals, repeat. Then its the same reruns for weeks, months on end. What a rip.

ANyhow, there are some cool old shows I am finding on some of the stations. Bounce is a black channel but shows a lot of cool movies. This! shows some 80's-90's movies. MeTV, AntennaTV, RTV all show old reruns of ancient TV shows. KERA-World has some great documentaries reminiscent of the old History channel. Of course I get all the local major channels too.

I am thinking of upgrading my antenna to see what else I can pull in. Not spending as much time in front of the tube means I have time for other things.

That's part of the reason why I don't really watch TV much anymore. Too many reality shows, and a good majority of them are just a copy of another. It drives me nuts. I just stick with Netflix, or just download stuff to watch.

Comment

I've never paid for cable tv. Internet and movies are enough for me.

Comment

i have had antenna tv for over 5yrs and dont miss cable/satellite one bit. i was paying over $100 a month for tv/movie channels with internet and i only watch like 3 channels and i had over 100.

i have xbox so i get netflix for my movies
        espn when they show a game here and there
        and hbo/epix for free from a friends password on there dish acct

and thats all i need, plus if i want to watch a show thats on cable, i wait a day and get it free from a torent site....like walking dead

Comment

I should get one. I got rid of the think-box right at about a year ago. I miss stuff like Family Guy, etc. But we really don't miss watching TV. I wake up at sunrise every morning and proceed to kick the day's ass until late at night. I used to get up and put in a solid couple hours of talking heads.

My wife burnt up last spring and half of summer watching HGTV. To her credit, she's applied a lot of it to the house we've been working on for the last year, but yeah, glad to not be hooked on the think box right now. I skipped it from about age 17 to age 22? and fell back into it. Cut it off again at age 35 and liking it
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I only have OTA and Internet...roku has all the stuff I need and I save 100/month. pretty sweet deal actually!

Comment

We use one of those antennas that plug into the wall for better reception which gave us 4 more channels bringing us up to 5. I only watch it during dinner or for the news

Comment

Only antenna here. I have netflix for the crap that I miss on cable.

Comment

I use my antenna to get channel 8-2 for the weather radar.. that's about it.

Comment

I will be putting up my 50' Rohn tower for ota when my new house is done.
                    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

No cable here, antenna and ps3 only, lol. Netflix ftw
                      Street car.

Comment

I just got rid of cable today, such a waste of $.

Comment

DIGITAL TV, ftw! Ion tv will show some old Clint Eastwood movies on the weekends. This! shows a lot of old good movies. 33-2 shows all the old shows you can think of. 68-2 Ion at 11pm shows He-man, She-ra, Bravestar and Ghostbusters. 13-2 has a lot of POV documentaries. I can't stand cable. If I want to watch a show I just hit up my favorite site, hook up laptop to tv with hdmi cable and enjoy. Movies; I use Netflix and Zune Video marketplace.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've been contemplating the switch for a while. What do I need in order to make the switch? Where can I get an antenna? Im tired of spending $110-$130 a month for the 4 channels I watch!
                            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                            sigpic

Comment

I took an old in the attic UHF/VHF antenna (probably 30+years old) out of the old house my dad bought to turn into a rental property and I wired it up in the attic in Red Oak....and I'm currently pulling in over 50+ digital HD and SD stations with almost perfect reception...split into 4 rooms using a splitter. Only thing annoying is having to delete all of the spanish only, religious, and paid advertising (home shopping bullshit) channels. Once they are gone...that leaves about 15 or so channels worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X