Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DFWM Detectives, I don't usually ask for help, but now I need it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFWM Detectives, I don't usually ask for help, but now I need it.

Cliff notes:

I went to a buddy's house and his dumb ass girlfriend backed into my car. She said, "oh, sorry. Well that's what I have insurance for." I wanted to choke her ass out, but she was my buddy's girlfriend, so I refrained.

This happened Nov. 1st. Since then I haven't been able to get any info from her and haven't talked to her since Nov. 19th. Now she won't return my calls or texts.

The kicker is, this bitch moved to fucking Nevada on Nov. 30th. All I have is her name and cell phone number, which is still in service. My buddy doesn't have any info on where she is living, etc.

I had an estimator and body tech at work look at it and write an estimate on it. About $800 is what it's going to take to fix it. And to make matters even worse, at the time this shit went down I didn't have uninsured/underinsured coverage so if I can't find this chick I'm either going to have a big fucking dent on my door, or be out of pocket to fix it. That REALLY pisses me off.

So is there any way I can track this lady down and get her insurance info ?? If she changes her phone number or gets a new phone I'm fucked. I might as well fix it myself.

-Aaron

Turn her in for a hit and run
    WRX

Comment

Well, I can't help you with your detective work, but if you're not getting a good deal on the body work, I have someone that can do it on the cheap.

pm me if you're interested. The chances I'll think to check this thread again are slim...

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Turn her in for a hit and run
        Where did he say she ran? I don't think they consider it running if it's so long after the fact.

Comment

yeah fuck that your buddy needs to pony up and get it back from her or turn over everything he knows about the whore.

Comment

I'd be taking it out of your buddy's ass, if he doesn't turn over some useful information.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I'd be taking it out of your buddy's ass

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                I've fucked people for less.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                  Cliff notes:
                  I might as well fix it myself.

-Aaron
                  this -

you'll probably spend more time and effort to find her than it's worth, and probably still won't get results anytime soon -
                  maybe your buddy will step up and offer to split it with you, depending on how good of a friend he is, but you'll probably just frustrate yourself trying to hold her accountable, since she doesn't seem to care about doing the right thing -
                  sucks, but people don't seem to give a damn anymore -

hope it works out -

Comment

I know you already told me this, but what insurance does she have?

Comment

Have a license plate number? Your local police should be able to figure out who insured it at the time, if anyone. Still though for $800 good luck getting anyone to help.

Comment

just handle it man. you work in a shop. ask a favor from a tech and a painter. i have yet to meet a painter or tech that does not accept the international currency of booze, drugs or handjobs.

before you fix it, tell your estimator to write it and take images like he was writing it for a DRP. make an invoice for the repair, and continue to follow up with chasing her down.

Comment

Working...
                        X