No announcement yet.

Phone books. Thing of the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With anything physical media is a thing of the past......

Comment

They make great backstops for .22lr in my garage but you have to tape the up to contain their expansion.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        They make great backstops for .22lr in my garage but you have to tape the up to contain their expansion.
        lol you plink .22 in your garage?

Comment

Hey Keith, if the books get any thinner, I would recommend taping two or three together to be shooting at!
          sigpic
          Old Fords Rule

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            To the majority of us on this site, they are relatively obsolete. However, the benefit of the directory is to find a local biz for a service. Most of this site has an apartment, a rental home or lives with parents... NONE of those demographics help your average plumber or AC guy. Google still can't figure out a way to do effectively what the local book does. Search engines are great for buying stuff online, whereas the book is still very much a solid local point-and-shoot search tool.
            If you can't find local results for whatever you're looking for, you're doing it wrong.
            Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            As a local business owner, who would you rather get a phone call from?
            The kid with the credit card and no real appreciation for the money it's going to require to pay it off!
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
              Hey Keith, if the books get any thinner, I would recommend taping two or three together to be shooting at!
              We used two of the thin ones. After 30rds they pretty much double in thickness due to the bullet's energy displacing and the pages getting shredded. It was more of a "It has a suppressor. How loud is it inside the house?" moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                lol you plink .22 in your garage?
                There is video around here somewhere.

Comment

Definately thing of the past

Comment

Things/Places I dont use anymore

1.) Phone books as mentioned by OP. Have not opened one up in years(10+), go straight from porch to trash.

2.) Checks...I still have a book I got from my bank 5yrs ago or so. Probably write 1-2 checks per year at most.

3.) The Post Office(USPS)...have not step foot into a post office in 10+ probably. Have not mailed a letter in about as long....with email, bill pay over internet, etc. who needs a post office. I have absolutely no idea in carrollton where a post office is, true story.
                    sigpic

Comment

I use them when i do my workout on bench lay it on my chest to get a good distance for more of a workout. Also use them to show off by ripping it in hald with my bare hands. Sometimes use them to throw at pesky neighbors. You get enuff of them and you can you them as a mexican jack stand for cars. It can be used as a decoy to hide stuff in.

Comment

Working...
                      X