Austin, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin, Tx

Anyone lived-been there that can share good & bad about Austin?
    Never been there might have a job intvw,
    of course will drive down to visit if it gets close just wanted to get some feedback.
    TIA

Lived there for 10 months. Not my kind of town at all, so I came back to Dallas as fast as I could.

It's pretty much a college town full of bleeding heart liberals who act like they are socially minded while being pretentious fucks. I've never met more hippy activist types with stuck up elitist attitudes in my life.

It sucks too because the food and music culture down there is rich and prospering. The people just suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Lived there for 10 months. Not my kind of town at all, so I came back to Dallas as fast as I could.

It's pretty much a college town full of bleeding heart liberals who act like they are socially minded while being pretentious fucks. I've never met more hippy activist types with stuck up elitist attitudes in my life.

It sucks too because the food and music culture down there is rich and prospering. The people just suck.
      Same here. Lived there for about 2yrs.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

I love visiting Austin but have a feeling I would get annoyed with living there.

Comment

It's ok to go down there for the weekend to have some fun. I don't think I could live there though.

Maybe on the outskirts, but not near downtown.

Comment

I love it, but I haven't lived there. Hot women everywhere, and they are nowhere near as stuck up as Dallas chicks in my experience. The food is great, music is great, etc. there are some real douchebags, and the place is overrun with hipsters. But I still enjoy it.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I love it, but I haven't lived there. Hot women everywhere, and they are nowhere near as stuck up as Dallas chicks in my experience. The food is great, music is great, etc. there are some real douchebags, and the place is overrun with hipsters. But I still enjoy it.
              I dunno. Hipsters chick=ugly bitches, or unshaved legs.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I dunno. Hipsters chick=ugly bitches, or unshaved legs.
                yeah, while there are some hot chicks down there for sure, they are overly outnumbered by the amount of fucking ugly ass bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  yeah, while there are some hot chicks down there for sure, they are overly outnumbered by the amount of fucking ugly ass bitches
                  I made note of it. It was interesting. I walked 6th street around midnight expecting a bunch of hot skanks. I was disappointed, so me and the wife grabbed a taxi and split.

Comment

Most of what bcoop says sums it up. I haven't lived there in years though. I would definitely love to have a place on Lake Travis though. Traffic sux in many areas. Don't get a house east or west of your job, only north or south. I know it sounds strange, but travel e or w sux.

Also, not sure what your budget is, but last time I checked real estate there was still on the high side for what it was.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I made note of it. It was interesting. I walked 6th street around midnight expecting a bunch of hot skanks. I was disappointed, so me and the wife grabbed a taxi and split.
                      6th is definitely mostly hipsters. You'll find the hot chicks at the outer lying bars, like on 5th.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

next time, just opt for the Devil's 3-way.

Comment

If you spend a lot of time downtown you'll of course run into a lot of hipsters. Traffic here fucking sucks. The city itself is just too densely populated. However there is a lot of cool random shit to do. Not sure how much longer I'll be living here but I'd say in the next 10 years this place will be the next L.A. in a horrible way. There are plenty of conservatives down here. To say it's all bleeding heart liberals is an ignorant statement. There are just as many in North TX as here.

Oh yeah. Not a lot of black people here and the ones that are here are nothing like they are in Dallas for the most part. Tons of mexicans though.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            If you spend a lot of time downtown you'll of course run into a lot of hipsters. Traffic here fucking sucks. The city itself is just too densely populated. However there is a lot of cool random shit to do. Not sure how much longer I'll be living here but I'd say in the next 10 years this place will be the next L.A. in a horrible way. There are plenty of conservatives down here. To say it's all bleeding heart liberals is an ignorant statement. There are just as many in North TX as here.

Oh yeah. Not a lot of black people here and the ones that are here are nothing like they are in Dallas for the most part. Tons of mexicans though.
                            I disagree, while there are some conservatives, even the typical Austin conservative type is a borderline liberal. Don't get me wrong there is a nice little cross section of some of the wealthier conservatives in Austin, but it's the fucking capital of Texas, of course there will be.

Considering a population of over 650,000 in Austin proper, and approximately a 60% liberal voting populous... yeah it's pretty liberal.

Comment

ATX sux period and traffic even worse. It's still technically has one damn highway and that's 35

Comment

Working...
                              X