X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclist says Dallas crackdown went too far

repost?

video of arrest inside link:

DALLAS — It was Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and Chris Moore — riding southbound on Stemmons Freeway in Dallas in a pack of 50 to 100 sport bikes — was pulled over while traveling below the speed limit.

"I didn't expect that at all," Moore said.

Officers were out in force that weekend, working to prevent another shutdown of a Dallas freeway like the one on Memorial Day weekend 2011 that ultimately led to three arrests.

So why was Moore pulled over?

Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook said he wanted to see what was on Moore's camera.

MOORE: "Was I doing something wrong? What am I being pulled over for?"

WESTBROOK: "The whole group of you guys."

MOORE: "No. I was not, individually. How can you pull me over?"

WESTBROOK: "The reason you're being pulled over is because I'm gonna take your camera and we're gonna use it as evidence of the crimes that have been committed by other bikers."

MOORE: "I have not committed any crimes, and you cannot take my personal property from me, sir."

WESTBOOK: "That's fine. Need to see your license and registration."

Moore's lawyer, Hunter Biederman, reviewed the recording.

"Here this officer decided to just go rouge and pull over the first guy he saw with a helmet camera on," he said.

The way Moore sees it, it's not illegal to have a video camera. But when the Deputy returned, he arrested Moore for having a concealed license plate.

WESTBROOK: "You're under arrest for your license plate being obstructed. Place your hands."

MOORE: "Are you kidding me, dude?"

WESTBROOK: "Place your hands behind your back."

As Moore continued to protest, the deputy lost his patience.

MOORE: "Why'd you pull me over in the first place?"

WESTBROOK: "Have a seat, okay?"

MOORE: "Sir. Sir. What you did to me was not right. You know it."

WESTBROOK: "I'm going to ask you one more time to have a seat."

MOORE: "That's f'ed up. Where's my bike going?"

WESTBROOK: "Sit down.I'm telling you to chill out."

Westbrook is then seen on the video shoving Moore into his squad car and slamming the door forcefully.

In a written statement, the Sheriff's Office said Moore was stopped because of a concealed plate. The video was confiscated and turned over to the gang unit as evidence.

Moore's bike was impounded; then he spent eight hours in jail — all of it, he says, on a charge that was made up after the fact.

"Completely shocked at their behavior," he said.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

"Here this officer decided to just go rouge and pull over the first guy he saw with a helmet camera on," he said.
    And here is where the writer of the article lost his credibility...

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      And here is where the writer of the article lost his credibility...

Stevo
      How?
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        How?

Comment

Impeding traffic and obstructed LP are both offenses you can be arrested for. His seven step violator contact could have used a little work but he had good PC to stop him. Blah blah blah revenue, blah blah FTP, blah blah blah above the law, I know I know. Just sayin they had good PC if thats why they stopped him.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Impeding traffic and obstructed LP are both offenses you can be arrested for. His seven step violator contact could have used a little work but he had good PC to stop him. Blah blah blah revenue, blah blah FTP, blah blah blah above the law, I know I know. Just sayin they had good PC if thats why they stopped him.

Blah blah blah, if that was true, then it probably would have been a good idea to say something about a plate right off the bat, rather than some wannabe cowboy bullshit like "The reason you're being pulled over is because I'm gonna take your camera and we're gonna use it as evidence of the crimes that have been committed by other bikers." "Right" or not the guy is a cocksucker.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Blah blah blah, if that was true, then it probably would have been a good idea to say something about a plate right off the bat, rather than some wannabe cowboy bullshit like "The reason you're being pulled over is because I'm gonna take your camera and we're gonna use it as evidence of the crimes that have been committed by other bikers." "Right" or not the guy is a cocksucker.
              but an honest cocksucker.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Welcome to my world squids!

I've been there done that, have all the tickets to prove it. They can pull you over for whatever, ticket you for whatever and even take you to jail for being an asshole. He should have complied with the JBT and all would have been well. He would have got a ticket and his camera taken away but could have got it back. Instead he went on and on about his rights and "you gotta be kidding me" line.

Like I tell my son and anyone that will listen, The MAN is in charge, don't be a fucking hero, take the ticket and comply, get to go home with a ticket, instead of jail or the morgue.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Should have dropped the camera and fucking stomped on it, going to jail either way might as well..

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    Should have dropped the camera and fucking stomped on it, going to jail either way might as well..
                    That makes sense.....

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                      How?
                      Because neither you, nor the author, can spell. "Rouge," is the French word for, "red," and is an antiquated term for blush makeup. "Rogue," means outside the rules. If one, "goes rouge," he or she is then, "going red."
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        That makes sense.....
                        Hes like 14 years old or something...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                          That makes sense.....
                          They wouldn't have evidence to throw more charges and put you into a gang unit.. Shit like that will come and bite you in the ass, in further stops ect..

Thats my way of looking at it atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Hes like 14 years old or something...
                            12 if you're dyslexic.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                              Yeah, because destroying the evidence that will get him out of the ticket/arrest is brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                              X