Who has Sprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the new EVO LTE and its bad ass.

Sprint service can be spotty in some areas but that's because they are completely overhauling their network.

I'm in New Orleans this week and have got nothing but great coverage everywhere I go. I've done a few speed tests with a max of 2067 kbps and most averaging around 1600. So it seems the new EVDO (or whatever the new 3g network is) is up and running down here, but not 4g.

Sprint customer service can be great if you know how to manipulate it. I get a full upgrade every 12 months.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      I have the new EVO LTE and its bad ass.

Sprint service can be spotty in some areas but that's because they are completely overhauling their network.

I'm in New Orleans this week and have got nothing but great coverage everywhere I go. I've done a few speed tests with a max of 2067 kbps and most averaging around 1600. So it seems the new EVDO (or whatever the new 3g network is) is up and running down here, but not 4g.

Sprint customer service can be great if you know how to manipulate it. I get a full upgrade every 12 months.
      Which is horrible as I'm getting 20mbit up/down right now on ATT's LTE network. I hope Sprint will pull through with their shit though. But no ETA as of now except "mid 2012."

Comment

I just started having reception problems with my phone this week.. not sure why.. they want me to take my phone in today
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
          Which is horrible as I'm getting 20mbit up/down right now on ATT's LTE network. I hope Sprint will pull through with their shit though. But no ETA as of now except "mid 2012."
          It's not horrible. Better than most other 3g but of course it won't be as fast as 4g.
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            I've had Sprint for 12+ years now and have had no complaints whatsoever. I don't have a data plan, so I can't speak for that part of their service.

For the past several weeks the signal strength on outbound calls from home has been pathetic, with dropped calls and failure to connect. If this continues much longer I will be leaving Sprint for another carrier, since we don't have a landline any more and the cell phones are our primary numbers.
            Sprint has what they call an airave that runs off ur broadband. It puts out a full 3g signal in ur house. Works great as I get no signal at home without it. They sent it too me for free to keep me from switching. Also I have had Sprint for 14 years and no complaints.that have always fixed any problem ive had.

Comment

I've been with Sprint since about September using an Evo 4G and while the 4G coverage is pretty slim the 3G service is adequate for my uses. For the price I'm paying nothing else comes close to competing...not straight talk, not T-mobile.....nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                It's not horrible. Better than most other 3g but of course it won't be as fast as 4g.
                Yeah I say Horrible as in compared to what i'm used to now. It will be a dramatic drop in speeds, until they get their shit together and rollout LTE for DFW.

Comment

Here is the information you Sprint guys need for your 4G LTE roll out towers. Yellow available when it goes live and Green coming later.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...hedule-update/

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                    Sprint has what they call an airave that runs off ur broadband. It puts out a full 3g signal in ur house. Works great as I get no signal at home without it. They sent it too me for free to keep me from switching. Also I have had Sprint for 14 years and no complaints.that have always fixed any problem ive had.
                    I had an Airave and it worked great just like you said until I started using a Clear wireless modem for internet service. The two are not compatable, as the Airave unit blocks the Clear modem signal which results in no internet connectivity, rendering the whole operation useless. A classic Catch-22 situation.

Comment

I haven't really had any issues in the 6 years I've had Sprint.

Comment

I went there today and they did an update that didnt do shit.. I think i might be done in march when my contract is over
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I've had Sprint for over 3 years now. No complaints. I've always gotten great reception and my bill is tiny for unlimited everything (~$70/month). My Samsung Galaxy S3 is on its way to me right now, can't wait to get my hands on ICS.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                            I've had Sprint for over 3 years now. No complaints. I've always gotten great reception and my bill is tiny for unlimited everything (~$70/month). My Samsung Galaxy S3 is on its way to me right now, can't wait to get my hands on ICS.
                            My sgs2 is on ICS right now, no complaints really except I still prefer the iphones' kb over androids (I run swiftx aswell). I got an email earlier this evening that my sgs3 should arrive by tomorrow afternoon. score.

Comment

they all have their pro's and con's. to say one company is better than the rest just makes you sound like a brand loyal type of person. here is my opinion

sprint: always had cool phones(this was before the iphone came out) but the coverage was not always the best

metro: coverage is not always the best(goes off sprint towers IIRC), best price by far

att: better coverage than most, but pricey. since i am on a family plan it's not too bad

verizon: can't say, never had them. from everyone i know who has them it seems like a mix between sprint/att

Comment

Sprint for 6 yrs and a iPhone sense sprint has offered it,no problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X