Who has Sprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has Sprint?

How happy are you with their service and reception particularly near the Galleria if possible. I know they are "rolling" out their 4g lte service mid '12 (which should be soon I hope) but I am not holding my breath.

I don't want to go with Verizon due to their bullshit DataSharing plan and the price will be the same if not more than what I currently pay at ATT and T-Mobile data caps are too small.

im very happy with Verizon. had Sprint about 15 years ago i like the phones but. they would always fuck me with bull shit charges. again that was a long time ago don't know if they improved.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I did...and I live right near Galleria. I complained enough that they credited me $60 for poor service and another $90 for my phone, broke my contract, and switched to AT&T. Call their Executive Customer Service, you will get a lot farther a lot quicker.

The engineer called me a week after I cancelled and told me with the rollout of LTE and some babble about time warner interfering, there were about 25% of the towers in this area that are down or experiencing problems with no ETA on fix within the next 4-6 months.

Glad I got out when I did, I was fed up!

How much data are you using? I have 3GB and usually only use about 2-2.25 max. I don't stream music or anything on a regular basis, just email, web, FB, etc...
      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
        im very happy with Verizon. had Sprint about 15 years ago i like the phones but. they would always fuck me with bull shit charges. again that was a long time ago don't know if they improved.
        I just can't get over their shared dataplans and pricing. I'd be in the same boat i'm in with ATT over-paying for a phone plan. And actually it would cost more to get about the same I have now with Verizon.

The switch to sprint will save me around 40 bucks a month, the only thing that concerns me is their network. HSPA+ is still what 40mb, i'm just curious if they are even close half that, and I know DFW is a primary market for them.

EDIT: I have 30 days, if worse comes to worse. I"ll cancel and go with T-Mobile and get their 10GB plan.

Comment

Not a sprint customer, but if you go with them be sure u get the sprint 4G LTE phone. I know they have the Evo LTE right now, but be forwarned you will use their CDMA network until LTE is turned on.You will not have access to there WiMAX service.

I repeat do not get a Wimax phone from sprint. You will be sorry when they turn on the LTE service. It blows it out of water in speed test.

Comment

I had a Galaxy SII on Sprint for 2 or 3 weeks. The 4G coverage was spotty (mostly Denton and North Dallas/Plano), and even when I had it, it was slow. I think I topped out around 9 Mb/s, but usually it was only around 3 or 4. I went with T-Mobile and it seems to be faster and have better coverage. T-Mobile isn't bad, but I do wish I'd stayed with AT&T, though.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

my evo 3d on 4G compared to an ATT Iphone 4S was getting a fraction of the data speeds using speedtest.net

I was getting less than 1 Mbps up/down and he was getting in the 6-8 Mbps upload and 3-4 download
              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                I just can't get over their shared dataplans and pricing. I'd be in the same boat i'm in with ATT over-paying for a phone plan. And actually it would cost more to get about the same I have now with Verizon.

The switch to sprint will save me around 40 bucks a month, the only thing that concerns me is their network. HSPA+ is still what 40mb, i'm just curious if they are even close half that, and I know DFW is a primary market for them.
                i've been with them for a long time. i only have one line and im on a very old plan. unlimited everything for around $80 a month. so for my situation it's perfect,

i tell people not to by into all the hype about 4G. half the time it's running on 3G and even on 4G it's that fast, my old fucked up 3g droid X, is as fast if not faster then most 4G phones i've played with.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                  Not a sprint customer, but if you go with them be sure u get the sprint 4G LTE phone. I know they have the Evo LTE right now, but be forwarned you will use their CDMA network until LTE is turned on.You will not have access to there WiMAX service.

I repeat do not get a Wimax phone from sprint. You will be sorry when they turn on the LTE service. It blows it out of water in speed test.
                  Yeah I already pre-ordered a SGS3, so I should be set. I refuse to stay with ATT any longer and will not go back with them even if they are faster than their competitors. I'm just hoping that they pull through with their 4g lte service "soonish" to make this swap worth while. Otherwise I am going to consider myself fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    i've been with them for a long time. i only have one line and im on a very old plan. unlimited everything for around $80 a month. so for my situation it's perfect,

i tell people not to by into all the hype about 4G. half the time it's running on 3G and even on 4G it's that fast, my old fucked up 3g droid X, is as fast if not faster then most 4G phones i've played with.
                    I've had Sprint for 12+ years now and have had no complaints whatsoever. I don't have a data plan, so I can't speak for that part of their service.

For the past several weeks the signal strength on outbound calls from home has been pathetic, with dropped calls and failure to connect. If this continues much longer I will be leaving Sprint for another carrier, since we don't have a landline any more and the cell phones are our primary numbers.

Comment

Whoop
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Whoop

Its a mixed bag! I have 30 days to try so I'll definitely give them a chance. If not, i'll just go to another carrier.

Comment

im with them. right now thier service is slow, but they say its cause thier updating thier network. that SGSIII looks bad ass.

Comment

I think I've come to the realization that they all suck. I've thought about making the jump to Sprint, but am having second thoughts now.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I've been having data issues lately with Sprint. I'm not sure if it's my phone (rooted, ICSed E4GT) or if it's Sprint. I work around the Galleria most days and have no issues.

Up in Frisco, at my office, we're in a dead spot for AT&T but I do OK with Sprint.

Comment

Working...
                              X