Dallas wants more money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
    Private companies will print all kinds of bullshit up to scare you into paying their tickets.

These are not criminal violations. Compliance with the civil penalty is voluntary to the extent that you are willing to risk denial of vehicle registration. They can't even report these to credit agencies.
    yup. just like fucking debt collectors. sending you letters saying they will take legal action. and calling trying to scare people.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Can they actually deny the registration of the. While though? And what would happen if I sold it?
      Originally posted by Sec. 707.017. ENFORCEMENT.
      (a) If the owner of a motor vehicle is delinquent in the payment of a civil penalty imposed under this chapter, the county assessor-collector or the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles may refuse to register a motor vehicle alleged to have been involved in the violation.
      (b) This section does not apply to the registration of a motor vehicle under Section 501.0234.
      Originally posted by Sec. 707.019. FAILURE TO PAY CIVIL PENALTY.
      (a) If the owner of the motor vehicle fails to timely pay the amount of the civil penalty imposed against the owner:
      (1) an arrest warrant may not be issued for the owner; and
      (2) the imposition of the civil penalty may not be recorded on the owner's driving record.
      (b) Notice of Subsection (a) must be included in the notice of violation required by Section 707.011(c).
      From Texas transportation code.

Edit: I just had a thought. The way it reads, the vehicle in question cannot be registered. That would be a huge dick move to sell your car to someone and afterwards they find out they can't register the thing.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Lol, no shit. I bet it happens all the time, too. I'm curious what I'll get in the mail next month. I don't go to the Registration Office any way; I go to Tom Thumb.

Comment

Lol, no shit. I bet it happens all the time, too. I'm curious what I'll get in the mail next month. I don't go to the Registration Office any way; I go to Tom Thumb.
          Wait, we can renew our registration at the Tom Thumb? Fucking hell that would be way easier than dealing with that bull shit in Arlington.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            Wait, we can renew our registration at the Tom Thumb? Fucking hell that would be way easier than dealing with that bull shit in Arlington.

Yup. Take the renewal in, bam, done in 2 minutes. Only time I go down town is if I'm transferring a title. I think other grocery stores can do it also.

Comment

Well the Tom Thumb at Collins and Green Oaks is a 3 min walk for me and I'm there once a week at least.
              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Well the Tom Thumb at Collins and Green Oaks is a 3 min walk for me and I'm there once a week at least.

Same here. LOL

Comment

yup i think as long as its not-expired. also didnt know you can registered for up to 3 yrs too online...

Comment

Yup. Take the renewal in, bam, done in 2 minutes. Only time I go down town is if I'm transferring a title. I think other grocery stores can do it also.
                    Or just mail it. I recently got my CA DL, and set an appointment to do so. They have an "ATM" in there for registration renewals.

I walked right up to the counter, and chuckled at the 30 or so people in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Or just mail it. I recently got my CA DL, and set an appointment to do so. They have an "ATM" in there for registration renewals.

I walked right up to the counter, and chuckled at the 30 or so people in line.

They charge extra to mail it. I'm at the grocery store already any way.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                        yup. just like fucking debt collectors. sending you letters saying they will take legal action. and calling trying to scare people.
                        I had a collection company trying to scare me with legal action when I was 19over a cell phone bill...They made good on their threat and filed a judgement against me..I thought big deal, it came back to haunt me when I bought my house 3 years ago..had to pay it in order to close on the house

Comment

They charge extra to mail it. I'm at the grocery store already any way.
                          Touche', I didn't realize that. Makes sense though, somebody's got to enter the info into a computer.

Comment

I live in Temple. We don't have red light cameras, but we do have several Barneys on Bikes" that work the loop and the on and off ramps. The loop leads to the two big hospitals (5 0r 6 thousand employees). That is a lot of chances to collect revenue from people with jobs. I'd bet they never go east of the tracks on those Hondas. They ticket people who have the ability to pay. That is what revenue gathering is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                              I always wondered why there are red light cameras at just about every light down Lake June or any road in the "hood" but when i go to the better side of town, there isn't one to be seen. I guess the city thinks that's since it is "the hood" people here will break the law more often and run a red light thus generating tons of revenue. What they failed to realise is that,when these people receive their fine in the mail, they could give two shit about a red light they don't remember running and do you think they care about it turning into warrant, hell no! Its the hood man, going to jail to sit out a ticket is common round here. If the city really wants more money, they need to put those cameras out in highland park or better parts of town where the people are scared of going to jail and don't break the law as often and will probably pay their fines as soon as they come in or forget to pay in time and get fined more therefore generating more revenue like they city want so bad.
                              Idk why i even posted this, ivy been up for 45 hrs... I need some sleep. Idk wtf im talking about
                              http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Dalla...159633855.html
                              I feel just the opposite. There aren't red light cameras in the hood in FTW because they know half the vehicles aren't registered or insured. Some of the shady tote the note places won't even give the buyer a temp tag and if they run any lights, the ticket would go to the person that last registered the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X