tool boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool boxes

so as my tool selection expands i have vastly outgrown my tool box and need a bigger one. where is a good place to get one? i dont need some big snap on or matco rig, just a good quality chest for the garage.

ive been browsing the sears, harbor fright, and northorn websites
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

I've got a mid grade Craftsman box than I'm happy with. The high end box was almost double, so I couldn't justify the expense.

Comment

costco has some really nice tool boxes

Comment

Look on Craigslist. There are plenty of guys that get into some money problems and will sell there nice tools boxes cheap! It's well worth the money to pay some extra and get something that will last.

Comment

How much are you looking to spend, and what size did you out grow?
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

This is the one I use, it holds a bunch of tools, got it at Sears for $500.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I'm in about the same boat so I'll be interested in hearing the replies as well. I've heard that the Kobalt's from Lowes are good value for the money.

Comment

I got a pretty nice Husky stainless bottom box that is pretty big for $459 at Home Depot. I would check them out. The top box is $300 something.

Comment

i have a kobalt from lowes, it has been pretty good to me thus far.

Comment

This is the one I'm going to get. I've looked at it in person and it's built pretty damn good! I've got a coupon to get it at $349 until Aug or sept too. The top is $299 right now also.

92 LX 5.0

Comment

I've seen a lot of boxes and the Harbor Freight posted above is a damn good deal for what it is and probably the best bang for buck I've seen in a while. The Homak box at Costco is a good box for the money as well if it fits your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                        This is the one I'm going to get. I've looked at it in person and it's built pretty damn good! I've got a coupon to get it at $349 until Aug or sept too. The top is $299 right now also.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...net-68784.html
                        i was looking at that box. it would be great and i could add the top box later as i get more
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          I've seen a lot of boxes and the Harbor Freight posted above is a damn good deal for what it is and probably the best bang for buck I've seen in a while. The Homak box at Costco is a good box for the money as well if it fits your needs.
                          This

I compared a lot of boxes, and for the money, hands down the HF box was the best made, most capacity for the price. I have just the bottom unit. The metal is thicker than a lot of them out there. The drawers all glide smooth. I have had mine over 2 years now and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Comment

Harbor freight has a decent upper and lower box they put on sale every now and then for 299. I use it at the shop and track box. Great setup and equal to middle grade craftsmen with roller drawers and good casters

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              costco has some really nice tool boxes
                              I was just admiring one there this weekend.. $500 and looked really nice. Drawers were very smooth.

Comment

Working...
                              X