Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father's rights divorce attorney in Collin County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's rights divorce attorney in Collin County?

My buddy is likely about to go down this path and he needs some referrals.

Anyone have any?

Unless he is wanting to fight for full custody he could save money just asking for standardized visitation in the divorce. Shouldn't need an attorney for anything other than confirming paperwork for that. That is if he can manage to do an uncontested divorce containing that.

Melissa Hamrick
    701 West Belknap Street
    Fort Worth, TX 76102
    (817) 877-4141

Comment

the biggest problem is that she's going to want to move 90 minutes away (3-4 counties over) and I don't think that the standard stuff covers that.

Really he doesn't want it... but she's likely to force the issue.
      Last edited by goofygrin; 06-18-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
        the biggest problem is that she's going to want to move 90 minutes away (3-4 counties over) and I don't think that the standard stuff covers that.
        Really he doesn't want it, but she's the one who's all f'ed in the head (I know, don't stick your dick into crazy).
        Standard still applies but it's just different. Like instead of getting them 1, 3, and 5th weekends of the month.. he would get them like all holidays, spring breaks, and all summer.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post

Really he doesn't want it, but she's the one who's all f'ed in the head (I know, don't stick your dick into crazy).
          No problem with doing it, just use your own rubbers.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
            Standard still applies but it's just different. Like instead of getting them 1, 3, and 5th weekends of the month.. he would get them like all holidays, spring breaks, and all summer.
            That is standard with a joint-managing conservatorship. If he is not fighting for full custody then she will be the custodial and he will be the non-custodial. It is in the basics that the custodial dictates the primary residence on the child(ren), but only to surrounding counties. He can still get 1st, 3rd, 5th and every Wednesday or whatever terms they use. They typically make it a deal where they meet in the middle or one goes to the other. This agreement also has the standard "every other holiday" and whatever parent doesn't have the child(ren) for their birthday that year gets 2-3 hours the day of for dinner/etc.

If he isn't willing to meet in the middle or go to the ex to get the kids due to distance then it will become Spring Break, Summer, Holidays visitation scenario.

Comment

If he calls Pam, use my name. She's a damned good attorney, is handling my buddys divorce, and is very close to getting him full custody.
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                That is standard with a joint-managing conservatorship. If he is not fighting for full custody then she will be the custodial and he will be the non-custodial. It is in the basics that the custodial dictates the primary residence on the child(ren), but only to surrounding counties. He can still get 1st, 3rd, 5th and every Wednesday or whatever terms they use. They typically make it a deal where they meet in the middle or one goes to the other. This agreement also has the standard "every other holiday" and whatever parent doesn't have the child(ren) for their birthday that year gets 2-3 hours the day of for dinner/etc.

If he isn't willing to meet in the middle or go to the ex to get the kids due to distance then it will become Spring Break, Summer, Holidays visitation scenario.
                Yep. Mine is distance based. think it's 100 miles or when they move out of Dallas or Tarrant county on mine.

Either way it is cheaper to try and do a non-disputed divorce.

Comment

I used Chip Jarvis when we moved to Louisiana. He got us permission to move out of state and better child support.

Comment

Jim Dunn Law Offices
                    108 S Crockett Street
                    Sherman, TX 75090-5906 map
                    Phone: (903) 893-5535

Comment

Working...
                    X