Weekend trip ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend trip ideas?

Looking to take a 2-3 day trip somewhere and needing some good ideas. Not looking to travel to far, maybe 5 hours or so. Where has everyone been they might recommend for my wife and I??

I always enjoy Galveston. Cheap, beach, fishing food etc.
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
      Looking to take a 2-3 day trip somewhere and needing some good ideas. Not looking to travel to far, maybe 5 hours or so. Where has everyone been they might recommend for my wife and I??
      5 hours from Houston or 5 hours from dallas?

Comment

Lake Hamilton in Arkansas. We rented a lake house for cheap and it was an extremely relaxing weekend.

Comment

Broken Bow, OK. Beaver's Bend State Park is up there, and they have some really nice cabins that we've stayed in twice in the last 3 months. Lots of stuff to do up there.

Here's where we stayed.

Visit the Sundown Cabin rentals and Lodging in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We have cabins in Broken Bow near Broken Bow Lake and Beavers Bend State Park!

First trip we stayed in Always Shady, and that cabin was AWESOME. Second trip we stayed in Whisperwind. Not quite as awesome as the first one but very nice. Hot tub on the back porch, fire pit, nice on the inside, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            5 hours from Houston or 5 hours from dallas?
            Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
              Dallas
              Cool. I'd look at Southeastern Oklahoma/southwestern Arkansas. Heck even lake Texoma is nice. I use vrbo.com and have had great success for weekend getaways.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                Cool. I'd look at Southeastern Oklahoma/southwestern Arkansas. Heck even lake Texoma is nice. I use vrbo.com and have had great success for weekend getaways.
                we did that for a place in Hot Springs that rocked and was very reasonable.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Awesome replies. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    Broken Bow, OK. Beaver's Bend State Park is up there, and they have some really nice cabins that we've stayed in twice in the last 3 months. Lots of stuff to do up there.

Here's where we stayed.

Visit the Sundown Cabin rentals and Lodging in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We have cabins in Broken Bow near Broken Bow Lake and Beavers Bend State Park!

First trip we stayed in Always Shady, and that cabin was AWESOME. Second trip we stayed in Whisperwind. Not quite as awesome as the first one but very nice. Hot tub on the back porch, fire pit, nice on the inside, etc.
                    Thanks for that information.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      we did that for a place in Hot Springs that rocked and was very reasonable.
                      I have heard great things about Hot Springs but have never been myself.

You can also rent a cabin on Texoma and go striper fishing for pretty cheap, 03trublugt would be the guy to talk to about that.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post

Here's where we stayed.

good info Aaron!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          I have heard great things about Hot Springs but have never been myself.

You can also rent a cabin on Texoma and go striper fishing for pretty cheap, 03trublugt would be the guy to talk to about that.
                          Those who have been to hot springs, what are some things to do that you would recommend? Its about 5 hours away so that would work...and its a place I have heard good things about.

Comment

Working...
                          X