Vacation starts today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation starts today!

Vacation starts this today. We leave tomorrow night to be in Pensacola by Saturday morning.

One week there and then I drive back to fly to Akumal, Mexico.

Rough two weeks, but someone has to do it.

shoulda gone to Branson!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      shoulda gone to Branson!

god bless.
      Damn it! You beat me to it.

Comment

Pensacola just got whacked with flooding (20+ inches of rain a day). Hopefully everything clears up there for you and you have a good time :-)

Comment

Staycation ftmfw!"!! I've never been to Mexico
          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
            Pensacola just got whacked with flooding (20+ inches of rain a day). Hopefully everything clears up there for you and you have a good time :-)
            And there are reports the Cartels are starting to target American tourists more.

Have fun!!!!

Comment

It's interesting that despite all the travel advisories, tourism in Mexico is basically unaffected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yet million of tourists return home safely everyday.

Lonely Planet Travel Writer Provides Facts About Safety in Mexico
                2012-05-07 13:45

Is Mexico safe for tourists? Lonely Planet Travel Writer Robert Reid addressed that question recently in an article reprinted by the Huffington Post. In fact, after reviewing the facts, Reid turned the question on its head, asking “Are Americans Safer in Mexico than at Home?”

Reid noted “What you don’t get from most reports in the US is statistical evidence that Americans are less likely to face violence on average in Mexico than at home, particularly when you zero in on Mexico’s most popular travel destinations.”

For example, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta have far fewer murders than Orlando, home of Walt Disney World. Texans are twice as safe in Mexico, and three times safer than in Houston. According to CNN, violence in Ciudad Juarez dropped by 45 percent in 2011, and the first six weeks of 2012 saw an additional 57% drop, per this BBC story.

Reid even quotes from the US State Department travel warning, which says, “millions of US citizens safely visit Mexico each year.” The travel warning advises warns against non-essential travel to just four of Mexico’s 31 states. Meanwhile, 13 states are fully free from the State Department’s warning, including top Mexico tourist destinations such as Baja California Sur, Yucatan, Mexico City, Oaxaca, Chiapas, and Guanajuato.
                Last edited by Droppedlime; 06-14-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X