Anyone have a Droid 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Droid 4?

What is your opinion of it? Any problems with it? What is the signal like in a poor signal area? I'm looking at smartphones but I want one with a keyboard since my fingers don't get along with a phone sized touch screen and the D4 is pretty much it for verizon.

I don't have a Droid 4 but I've had a Droid X for the last year and a half and it's been pretty good. Here in the last few months it's been running pretty slow though, and sometimes if I take pics it won't save them to the SD card, and as of the last week, my home key quit working, but I've beat the shit out of this phone and haven't busted the screen like everyone I know with an iPhone

As for the touch screen VS keyboard, the keys are actually bigger on my touch screen than they were on my previous Qwerty keyboard phone. Just use the Swype option for typing and turn off the predictive text...works out pretty nice
    --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
      I don't have a Droid 4 but I've had a Droid X for the last year and a half and it's been pretty good. Here in the last few months it's been running pretty slow though, and sometimes if I take pics it won't save them to the SD card, and as of the last week, my home key quit working, but I've beat the shit out of this phone and haven't busted the screen like everyone I know with an iPhone

As for the touch screen VS keyboard, the keys are actually bigger on my touch screen than they were on my previous Qwerty keyboard phone. Just use the Swype option for typing and turn off the predictive text...works out pretty nice
      I liked my Droid X back when I used it as my primary device. It started exhibiting the same issues you speak of... I think the processor they put in that thing was only built to last a year. I have restored it to factory several times and it just acts up all the time. I typically get a new phone every year, so it really wasn't an issue for me.

OP:
      I hear the Droid 4 is really nice. Haven't held one yet. I am trying to stay away from Motorola devices until Google really takes over their mobile company and makes their devices and mainly UI's better.

Have you checked out the Galaxy? Really nice line of devices.
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

The droid 4 is a very good phone. Its essentially the razr with a slide out keyboard. From what I've heard and observed the only issue with them was not being able to bounce from 3g to 4g and viceversa.(I'm a supervisor in a verizon call center) if a key board is what you want that's the best phone phone for you. Now in my opinion, the best is a razr for durability and soon to be out galaxy s3 due to the bigger processor and the updated os.
        87 turbo coupe- t3/t4 super 60, tubular header, 40lb injectors, fmic.
        71 Ranchero-351c, daily driver

Comment

My HTC Arrive works great, though I'm on Win7 mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by 87t-coupe View Post
            The droid 4 is a very good phone. Its essentially the razr with a slide out keyboard. From what I've heard and observed the only issue with them was not being able to bounce from 3g to 4g and viceversa.(I'm a supervisor in a verizon call center) if a key board is what you want that's the best phone phone for you. Now in my opinion, the best is a razr for durability and soon to be out galaxy s3 due to the bigger processor and the updated os.
            Can the OS be upgraded on the D4 when the new one comes out?

My wife has the Galaxy S Fasinate and it's pretty cool, will the S3 be significantly better than the D4 or the fasinate?

Comment

I have the fascinate aswell. And in my opinion galaxy is by far the smoothest running launcher system that android uses. The droid 4 and razr will eventually be upgraded to android 4.0 and have basically The same functionality. But the galaxy s3 is going to come with 4.0 meaning its optimized for that specific device rather then having to upgrade and the processor not have enough juice to properly run all the processes. If that makes any sense. Haha
              87 turbo coupe- t3/t4 super 60, tubular header, 40lb injectors, fmic.
              71 Ranchero-351c, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                X2
                I thought I needed a key board until I got my HTC inspire. I wouldn't go back to a key board. The only prob I have is having grease or other foriegn stuff on my finger and getting ot on the screen. The otter box cleans up well. Have you tried an on screen keyboard?
                Rich

Comment

My wifes Dare was a touch screen and I didn't like it at all the buttons were so small. Her Fascinate is better tho, I could probably get used to it since the buttons are bigger.

Comment

Working...
                  X