Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, but ive called in drunk to work.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Col. Tom Parker does not approve of this thread!
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Touch on a few things for yall.
        First, Ive called in on a few myself. One of them was in Denton Co. and I followed em for about 15 minutes before he realized I was going the same direction as he and he punched it. Never saw a patrol car either. But, if it's county boys, more then likely they were busy on calls, or no one was in that section of the county. For instance, Some counties around here are around 900 sq miles and only 2-3 deputies working per shift. So bare with them if they arent immediate.

As a cop, I applaud the folks that take the initiative and call in reckless drivers. Even after they are stopped, realize they were texting/tired/head-up-ass, and I let them go; I still go over to the complainant's car and shake the person's hand. Especially for them STICKING with the car! Nothing erks me more is when someone calls one in, then doesnt follow them. "last seen on 114 headed eastbound at Kirkwood etc"...
        In my years of doing this and many DWI trials where there was a 911 call in, the actual caller was never subpoena'ed (sp?) to come in. Thats why most people dont wanna stop after the cop has made the stop; fear of going to court.

Lastly, unless the drunk has caused damages, hit someone, etc; we usually dont make contact if they make it home. Catch em next time. Sad statistic is that an intoxicated driver has driven home approximately 100 times before he is caught by the popo.

Comment

Sometimes when I'm driving drunk I will call in saying there is a car swerving close to where I'm at so the cops will be busy and I can make it home.

Comment

Yes I have and will anytime I see those assholes on the road.

Comment

I've called in 4 drunk drivers, never once had a cop do anything about it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Called one in a couple years ago going down 121 south of Grapevine. He changed lanes from the far left lane to the 157/industrial exit so hard I heard the tires roaring. I had been watching him a few miles, I figured 'that was that', but sure as fuck if that moron and his friends come right back onto the freeway from the 157 on-ramp! I went ahead and called it in and followed them. I was in my 06 GT, so keeping up with them was easy (slowed down to 35-40mph on 183, then would accelerate to 110mph and back down). THe driver was all over the place, nearly hit a few cars, and finally bounced off the concrete divider after Precinct Line. He did another far-left-to-far-right maneuver, nearly took the front end off of some guy in a white pick up (he laid on the brakes when he saw the drunk swerve and probably avoided a collision) and exited hwy 26. I told the dispatcher he exited there and I couldn't follow because I couldn't make that exit, she said "tap your brakes twice". I did and saw two NRH and a Bedford patrol cars tearing ass up the 26 exit and she said the officers saw me, and thank you. I flipped a bitch and went home.

I got a call back an hour later from some NRH sargent who thanked me, they pulled him over less than a mile down 26... he was stopped 20 feet back from a red light and completely straddling 2 lanes. Hilariously, he said the guy blew a .23 and couldn't even stand up straight when the officer ordered him out of the car, and *drum roll* he was the DD! Said the guy in the back seat was obliterated passed out drunk, the passenger was in-and-out of consciousness. Ridiculous.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

^^^ lol. I get the DD speel all the time! "hey occifer, I'm the desigmanated driver shir."
                  DD=Designated Drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                    ^^^ lol. I get the DD speel all the time! "hey occifer, I'm the desigmanated driver shir."
                    DD=Designated Drunk
                    Sgt. said he arrested the driver for DWI and the passengers were in other patrol cars for PI and both were already passed back out.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

... I still go over to the complainant's car and shake the person's hand. Especially for them STICKING with the car! Nothing erks me more is when someone calls one in, then doesnt follow them. "last seen on 114 headed eastbound at Kirkwood etc"...
                      If you call into DPD, they will flat out tell you not to follow and that they have an officer on the way. If you follow and stay on the line they get all sorts of hell bent about it. Then again, it's par for the course for that city.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        If you call into DPD, they will flat out tell you not to follow and that they have an officer on the way. If you follow and stay on the line they get all sorts of hell bent about it. Then again, it's par for the course for that city.
                        That's so you can't verify that they don't do anything.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

DD=Designated Drunk
                          aka the "LDD"

Least Drunk Driver
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I don't know I like to be DD once in awhile... I have not had the luck to be pulled over while being one. If it ever happens and I get the "have you been drinking?" question I can not wait to answer 6 or 7. Then when they start to get spun up tell them waters... I have been asked going back on base that question. Funny to see the gate guards eyes light up then realize you have had zero booze and they get no bust.

Kudos to those calling in drunks!! Fuck them taking a chance with everyone elses lifes. I don't stay out that late anymore but if I see one 911 for this guy.

Comment

Man I had one yesterday:
                              I went over to my parents house for the day and I happen to look up and see a van in the ditch next to their driveway. I ask my dad, " Do we know anyone with a white van?" He says no and we get up to go look out the window. The van proceeds to back up out of the ditch and into the FM road we live on. Then pulls down the driveway and turns left into the yard, yes the middle of the yard full of trees.
                              Stops, gets out, and by that time we are walking towards him telling him he is in our yard and on top of our water meter. Meanwhile I tell my mom to call the cops to come get him.
                              So he says he's been drinking and is calling his wife for a ride. I walk back up to the house to ask where the cops are and she says they are on their way.
                              By the time I get back the guy decides he's not going to wait for a ride and gets in and takes back off. About 3 minutes later after he leaves a patrol car comes flying by the house, hopefully to catch him.

Comment

I did last week, saved a life and maybe a few more. The police officer called me later that night and thanked me again.
                                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X