Have you ever called in drunk driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever called in drunk driver?

I got bored from sitting in the house playing grand theft auto of all things.

I decided to make the circle around Denton, 380 to 35 to loop 288 back to university, cruising mind my own bussiness.

Noticed a guy swerving badly and almost creamed a collumn support under an overpass, then try to enter the highway, he never made it off the entrance ramp just continued to drive on the shoulder with his blinker on, then all of the sudden he crosses 2 lanes of traffic and rides within inches of the concrete median.. Now I normally mind my own but when he swerved to a motorcycle rider and began following him VERY close so I dialed 911, I have had enough, as soon as I get on my phone he takes an exit behind the motorcycle and slammed his brakes in the middle of an already short exit ramp, so I follow him for a few blocks, while answering the dispatcher. He then hops a curb and damn near ran into a pawn shop, so I pull in the parking lot and he squares up with the side of my car with and brights his lights. He then floors it past my car hops another curb and ran through some bushes and try's to hide behind a storage facility. So I drove off and left the rest to 911.

3 minutes into my 911 call 4 patrol cars show up and hit him with the lights.

Kudos to Denton PD with the fast response time, and fuck that driver.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Yes because it was that bad.

Comment

And no I wasn't "chasing him" I kept my distance from this asshole. Last thing I wanted was him to hurt anyone.

As I was in the parking lot I told the dispatcher he was facing towards my vehicle, she said "you don't know him so don't pursue" I calmly explained "I am just sitting here making sure you find this guy because he doesn't need to kill anybody"

Comment

I was driving home on 380, 1:20am, and there was a ranger driving lane to lane and was going 45mph, speed limit 65mph. I knew he was drunk so i called 911 and they asked for my vehicle info and the drunk driver's vehicle info and they said i will be contacted by a person soon. I follow the guy and he swerved into on coming traffic almost hitting 3 cars. I was just about to hit him with my truck just to stop him when i got a call from a cop saying he has it from here thanks....lol, He was behind me and lit the guy up on a turn off of 380...
        2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
        1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
        1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
        1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
        2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
        2011 Ford Mustang V6
        2011 Ford Mustang GT
        2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
        2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

I've been hit by a drunk driver and it fucking sucks. All 4 of us survived but it was one of the scariest things i've ever had to go thru. I will never forget my 3 friends screaming for help and me sitting their at the wheel feeling helpless, I don't wish that upon anyone.

To answer your questions yes I have. It was probably 10yrs ago but some dude was crusing on the opposite side of a main street here around 3am. I couldn't believe it...just sat their praying no one would come in his way. Dont know if he was ever caught as he pulled into a Walgreen's at which point we kept on going.

Comment

Snitch
            Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
            03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Yes because it was that bad.
              Thai is my second time, the first guy was in a escalade and looked to have side swiped somethen because one side if the car was FUBAR'D, he was trying to put gas and kept falling down and stumbling, he couldnt even get back in his car. Which is a good thing.

That was the night before I got my coupe, just got done looking at it for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
                Snitch
                Couldnt let this one go man lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ldecharmoy View Post
                  I was driving home on 380, 1:20am, and there was a ranger driving lane to lane and was going 45mph, speed limit 65mph. I knew he was drunk so i called 911 and they asked for my vehicle info and the drunk driver's vehicle info and they said i will be contacted by a person soon. I follow the guy and he swerved into on coming traffic almost hitting 3 cars. I was just about to hit him with my truck just to stop him when i got a call from a cop saying he has it from here thanks....lol, He was behind me and lit the guy up on a turn off of 380...
                  Holy shit, that's some scary shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sick88lx View Post
                    I've been hit by a drunk driver and it fucking sucks. All 4 of us survived but it was one of the scariest things i've ever had to go thru. I will never forget my 3 friends screaming for help and me sitting their at the wheel feeling helpless, I don't wish that upon anyone.

To answer your questions yes I have. It was probably 10yrs ago but some dude was crusing on the opposite side of a main street here around 3am. I couldn't believe it...just sat their praying no one would come in his way. Dont know if he was ever caught as he pulled into a Walgreen's at which point we kept on going.
                    Story's like this is what drives me to call 911.

Comment

I thought i did, but it turned out to be a couple of early teens/12 year olds on a joyride running over crubs, and hitting cars in parking lots.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have. Dude was playing tag with the back of my truck at 70. He'd come up close and then back off 3 or 4 times, flash his lights (4 lanes, I was in the far right) and then he tried to pass on the shoulder. He got even with me and then merged into my lane, which I jerked the truck hard across the highway onto the other shoulder. I backed off and let him get in front and he locked up his brakes until I almost hit him and then he'd gun it over and over.

I got on the phone with cops and was relaying information when he went over on the shoulder for me to pass. Then he came flying up behind me and, I was at 70, hit me hard enough that I felt the rear of the truck break loose. He caught my receiver hitch in the grill.

Long story short, he runs 2 redlights after hitting me, and disappears. I went driving around looking for him while on the phone and stop at a stop sign while trying to figure out what to do. He comes flying up behind me again and opens his door. There's 3 cops sitting 100 feet in front of me talking so I flash my lights and lay on the horn thinking he's going to come up to my door. I'm always armed but the thought of shooting him bothered me.

Nope. He was standing behind his truck door pissing. Cops arrested him for no tags, no inspection, no insurance, no DL, DWI and so forth. He was out a few hours later.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Damn, Sick88, that truck was fucked.

I got hit by a drunk while I was parked on the shoulder of the roud back in 1992. I was standing next to the car and I'm lucky I didn't have my legs ripped off.

Besides my day job I also work as a soundman most weekends. I usually leave the club about 1.5 hours after closing so most of the drunks are off the road, but I've followed quite a few that were just blatantly loaded and all over the road. Call 911, give plate no. and desription of vehicle, the follow far enough back to keep them in sight. Over the past 10 years 3 of the people slammed into something before the cops could get there.
                          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

You did the right thing
                            1997 viper gts
                            1986 turbo mustang
                            1987 Buick grand national
                            1972 nova

Comment

Quite a few years ago, yes. I was driving back to Jacksonville, FL from Orlando, going north on I95. Somewhere around Daytona Beach, a car (I forget what kind now) gets on I95 just ahead of me, obviously drunk, swerving from shoulder to shoulder, varying from 40mph up to 70mph. After about a mile of this, I get on my cell and dial *FHP. I stayed on the phone with the dispatcher and gave her a play-by-play, while keeping about 1/8 mile behind the drunk. Within 5 minutes, I see an FHP unit flying up behind me, he beeps his siren as he passes, and after maybe 1 mile, he gets the drunk pulled over.

The FHP dispatcher got my info and I thought that was that. About 2 weeks later, I get a very nice, formal letter in the mail from the troop commander, thanking me and telling me that the driver was arrested, etc.

Bottom line, get involved, save a life...or several.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X