Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job schedules? If you work 3 or 4 day weeks, come in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job schedules? If you work 3 or 4 day weeks, come in here.

I'm thinking about a career change. I currently have a pretty crazy job, and some stability might not hurt me. Consequently, I'm thinking about a "real" job.

What companies do you know of where employees work 3 or 4 days a week?

My company generally does four day shifts.

Forward Air.

Comment

Nursing is 3 days a week 12 hr shifts
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Any airline pretty much will do 4 10s

Comment

I worked several years on a 3 day 4 day rotation (on both days & nights) in the printing industry. It rarely worked out to only 3 or 4 days though. Someone is always out on vacation, sick, or short handed. The first day off was usually wasted resting....especially if working night shift.

I've been off the presses for about 8 years now and worked M-F days (with some weekends) most of that time. Still average 45-60 hours per week but I do not miss the long hours tied to a piece of machinery as an operator.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
            I worked several years on a 3 day 4 day rotation (on both days & nights) in the printing industry. It rarely worked out to only 3 or 4 days though. Someone is always out on vacation, sick, or short handed. The first day off was usually wasted resting....especially if working night shift.

I've been off the presses for about 8 years now and worked M-F days (with some weekends) most of that time. Still average 45-60 hours per week but I do not miss the long hours tied to a piece of machinery as an operator.
            I used to work four twelves with a 2 hour commute every day. My first day off I just slept.

Comment

I used to do it at National Semiconductor, but since they shut down the Arlington plant that probably isn't very helpful. Side note though: I LOVED working that schedule.

Comment

I work 4 tens, Tues-Fri. I couldn't go back to a typical 5 day 8hr work week. The three day weekend every week is awesome.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  I work 4 tens, Tues-Fri. I couldn't go back to a typical 5 day 8hr work week. The three day weekend every week is awesome.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
                  Sure you can. I've done it before. 3 12s was the best schedule I've ever had though. 3-on 4-off, alternating, with a week of each month off is the best schedule I've ever heard anybody saying that have though. I would kill for that sort of setup.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Next week I start 7-12's with 7 on 7 off. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

You're going to feel like hammered shit after the first 4 days are over. After you get used to it, it will probably be cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        You're going to feel like hammered shit after the first 4 days are over. After you get used to it, it will probably be cool though.
                        Probably. I'm at work for 10 hours a day now with a typical m-f gig. Those extra 2 hours are going to be an asswhip probably. 530a-530p fuck me that's a long time at work. The good part is that I'll have two vacations a month.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          Hey who did you end up getting on with out here?

3 13's was best I ever had, 4 12s kick ass too. Right now I'm 14 days on 7 off and its cool, but 3x13 and 4x12s were ideal

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            Hey who did you end up getting on with out here?

3 13's was best I ever had, 4 12s kick ass too. Right now I'm 14 days on 7 off and its cool, but 3x13 and 4x12s were ideal
                            I've got the physical test and UA on monday, and if that goes well (which it will) OSHA training tuesday. Sendero drilling. Currently I'm working for Diamond Tank Rental.

Comment

I prefer a 4-10 schedule use to work mon, tues, thurs, fri the break during the week was nice to get stuff done. I've tried to get back to that schedule with my current employer but can't do to production requiring me to be present mon-fri.

Comment

Working...
                              X