lunar eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunar eclipse

Both lunar and solar eclipses can only occur when the Earth, Sun and Moon are directly aligned… and that alignment is about to happen just four days before Christmas! While the winter treat of totality will lend itself to North America, many other parts of the world will be able to enjoy a partial eclipse … Continue reading "Total Lunar Eclipse – December 21, 2010"

Apparently there's going to be the first lunar eclipse in about 400 years coming up. I bet the Wiccan's are going bat shit.

Last edited by ARIX; 12-20-2010, 03:25 PM.

There was a partial lunar eclipse on June 26th and the last full lunar eclipse was Feb. 2008, or almost 400 years ago.

Comment

Meh, there's was a total lunar eclipse a few years ago. It just makes the moon look red. It's kinda neat if you're into emo-vampires and stuff. Otherwise, it's no big deal.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Just read up on the difference between a lunar eclipse and a new moon. Sort of interesting, but not worth getting up in the middle of the night to see.

Comment

I just saw Haley's Comet. She waved.
          Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
          There was a partial lunar eclipse on June 26th and the last full lunar eclipse was Feb. 2008, or almost 400 years ago.
          LOL
          Originally posted by MandyZ View Post
          Just read up on the difference between a lunar eclipse and a new moon. Sort of interesting, but not worth getting up in the middle of the night to see.
          But it's a once every 2-400 years event!
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

2:41 am ET...fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              Meh, there's was a total lunar eclipse a few years ago. It just makes the moon look red. It's kinda neat if you're into emo-vampires and stuff. Otherwise, it's no big deal.
              Yeah but with it being a total Lunar eclipse in addition to the winter solstice... I think it's worth checking out
              Originally posted by Vertnut
              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                2:41 am ET...fuck that.
                I'll be up and at work. See if I cant get some quality cell phone pics for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                  Yeah but with it being a total Lunar eclipse in addition to the winter solstice... I think it's worth checking out
                  Not if it butts into my sleep.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Not sure if I want to stay awake for it. My boy got a telescope and he wants to use it tonight. So I might have to tough it out.

Comment

I get off work at midnight anyway so I'll check it out.
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                        Not sure if I want to stay awake for it. My boy got a telescope and he wants to use it tonight. So I might have to tough it out.
                        Man up sucka! Me and HP will be out with our binocs and telescope too...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

So about 12:40 here?
                          2014 GT
                          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

My wife and I will be right outside.

Comment

"The lunar eclipse begins at 12:42 a.m. Tuesday, reaches totality from 1:40 to 2:53 a.m. and ends at 4:02 a.m. Joe Harris of the National Weather Service said a relatively clean atmosphere means the full moon will probably be an icy blue or gray color and not the more typical copper-red seen in a lunar eclipse.
                              "
                              2014 GT
                              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                              X