No announcement yet.

Douchebaggery move or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left General Electric after 4 years and gave my 2 weeks notice because I felt it was the "right" thing to do. They terminated me immediately to include medical benefits and didn't pay me for the 2 weeks I was willing to work. I did receive pay for 2 weeks of accrued vacation, but nothing for sick and PTO. Sadly, I had set my start date at my new job for 2 weeks later so my family and I went without medical benefits for 2 weeks.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd have used every hour of vacation/sick/PTO that I could have. I also would have started my new job before even giving notice to the original company.

So, yeah - fuck 'em. You earned it, so use it. They will bone you any way they can get away with.
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Well, did you call in or show up?

Comment

What I would do if you can. Stick it out and request as much vacation time or take as many sick days as you can. Then turn in the two weeks notice. If you don't care about burning bridges then it doesn't matter how you go about it.
        Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
        http://www.titantowing.net
        -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I'd avoid burning any bridges. If you can take it without doing that then go for it....if not, suck it up and write it off.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
            they cut us a check for all unused vacation, and ive got 340 hours of it.
            Can you just not get a check cut for the PTO, call in sick for your sick days, then put in your notice?

Comment

As a business owner, yea, it is db move.

You signed up for the gig and knew the rules.

And for the rest... you don't earn sick time. It is a benefit to you supplied by the owners. We don't have to pay you if you call in sick and don't show up. We give you a few days in case you do get sick.

Having said that we give personal time and it doesn't matter if you use it for vacation or you use it to nurse hangovers. We make no distinction and we don't carry it over. If we fire you or you quit you'll get what you didn't use.
              Originally posted by Denny
              I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

It isn't something I would do, but I damn well wouldn't consider you a douchebag for doing it. I've worked for A LOT of companies and they will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it is in their best interests. I have a hard time sympathizing with them when someone returns the favor.

Comment

My company just tried to fuck me out of the retirement match of my bonus. Better luck next time, chicken fuckers!
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think (as "oldguy" said) it should all be PTO none of the sick time or vacation time non sense. Give people X number of days a year or whatever and if you use it for being sick then good if you use it for vacation then well OK.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      Well, did you call in or show up?
                      i texted in sick lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X