Douchebaggery move or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
    I am about to give my 2 week notice to my employer of 8 years. Once notice is given, all PTO (excluding vacation) is forfeited. I have 80 hours of sick time accrued, and am giving notice either this Weds or Thurs. Would it be shitty to call in sick the next 2 days to burn some of that time or not? Part of me says yea, but then another part says ive earned it, best to use it vs. losing it. Thoughts?
    It's earned... use it before you lose it!
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      One of the many reasons not to do business in California.
      What's the reason?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I lost almost 200 hours after all was said and done.

Take it before you lose it. What are they going to do, fire you?

Comment

Def take it. Just like said above they wouldn't pay you if they didn't have to and you've been there for 8 years and put your time in.

Do eet!
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

It's a benefit and time earned.

I noticed you said sick time you'll lose, not PTO. Are they one in the same for yall or different baskets?
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I've got over 340 hrs sick that I will lose when I leave my current job. My boss now, who happens to be a friend, told me it's cool if I go out on "sick leave" to burn all that time before I turn in my notice. They'll pay me for my vacation and comp time though (over 300 hrs). I say use up all 80 hours of it.
              Last edited by bobs94formula; 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM.
              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Ive only had 2 real jobs in my life and when I put in my two weeks to move to the other job was the greatest 2 weeks of my working career

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  What's the reason?
                  To be able to screw employees out of vacation time that they've earned apparently. I didn't use up most of my vacation this past year because I've been too busting my ass WORKING to be able to take time of, so I guess in his eyes it's okay to be punished for working harder.

Comment

Take it. Most employers have just as little loyalty as employees should have. I gave notice at my last job only for them to "let me go" on a monday even though I kept working and doing my job the whole time. I guess I should have just told them on my way out the last day. I thought I was doing the right thing by giving notice, but they definitely proved me wrong.

Comment

thanks guys, im calling in sick the next 2 weeks.

Comment

thanks guys, im calling in sick the next 2 weeks.
                        What illness are you claiming or does it even matter to them?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                          What illness are you claiming or does it even matter to them?
                          it just cannot be more than 4 days in a row, so ill do 4 out, 1 on, 4 out, 1 on.

Comment

it just cannot be more than 4 days in a row, so ill do 4 out, 1 on, 4 out, 1 on.
                            LOL. exactly, no beating around the bush that way they will know that you just pissed down there leg. Most company's now just care about there bottom dollar and will waste 2-minutes in a effort to save 1-minute in ignorance! Get what you have earned.
                            sigpic

Comment

if its a large company. theyre not gonna miss you when youre gone. DO IT!
                              .....bro....

Comment

Use up all your pto and gtfo!! If companies had a chance to screw you they would , so fuck them.

Comment

Working...
                                X