Douchebaggery move or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douchebaggery move or not?

I am about to give my 2 week notice to my employer of 8 years. Once notice is given, all PTO (excluding vacation) is forfeited. I have 80 hours of sick time accrued, and am giving notice either this Weds or Thurs. Would it be shitty to call in sick the next 2 days to burn some of that time or not? Part of me says yea, but then another part says ive earned it, best to use it vs. losing it. Thoughts?

I'd get what you can. Trust me, if they had the option of not paying you your vacation time, they wouldn't.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Do it.

Comment

Fuck yes call in sick!

Edit: Then when you turn in your notice, say you were so torn over it, it made you ill earlier in the week!

Comment

Use up PTO and then put in 2 weeks? Thats what I plan to do if I ever quit my current job. Plus they've been know to let people go the SAME day of giving 2 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Fuck yes call in sick!

Edit: Then when you turn in your notice, say you were so torn over it, it made you ill earlier in the week!
            Solid advise here!

Comment

Why not cash in the PTO or take 2 weeks off before giving notice? there's no way they'd keep my vacation time without a hell of a fight from me.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                Why not cash in the PTO or take 2 weeks off before giving notice? there's no way they'd keep my vacation time without a hell of a fight from me.
                they cut us a check for all unused vacation, and ive got 340 hours of it.

Comment

Take the check if you ever plan to work for them again, or think you may need a reference at any point in the future.
                  WRX

Comment

One of the benefits of being in Cali is that an employer cannot take away PTO, and it must rollover into the next year. My counterparts in Texas lose all but 80 hours come the first of the year, but not me. Should I quit they have to give me the cash value on my final check.

Comment

I'd use it then tell em to fuck off.

Comment

Why are you quiting? Im sure its personal. Do you have another job lined up? I am just one that does not like to burn bridges unless I am 100% sure I am not going back or will ever consider it.. If you have all of the above covered then fuck em.... And I have worked for several places that have walked people out just after giving their 2 week notice.
                        And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

I like the call in sick for a few days, then turn in your two weeks notice idea. It will get you some payed time off, and will be forgotten about during the final two weeks. Don't want to burn bridges, just in case you need a good refference later in life.
                          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            One of the benefits of being in Cali is that an employer cannot take away PTO, and it must rollover into the next year. My counterparts in Texas lose all but 80 hours come the first of the year, but not me. Should I quit they have to give me the cash value on my final check.
                            One of the many reasons not to do business in California.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                              Use up PTO and then put in 2 weeks? Thats what I plan to do if I ever quit my current job. Plus they've been know to let people go the SAME day of giving 2 weeks...
                              Where I work if you are going to a competitor they walk you out as soon as you give your notice.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X