Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have a wife not capable of understanding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else have a wife not capable of understanding...

...that when I'm reading/engrossed in something I don't hear a damn word she's saying? Seriously, it's like she thinks I do it intentionally, truth is I can't hear a damn thing she's saying and she takes it personal every time. Wondering if anyone else has this same phenomenon in their house.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

mikes wife heard

Comment

C-can't
      U-understand
      N-normal
      T-thinking

Comment

Damn rookies. Just gotta throw out some occassional " uh-huh, yea, and reallys" and then everything is cool. You don't actually have to "listen" to your wife.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Damn rookies. Just gotta throw out an occassional " uh-huh, yea, and reallys" and then everything is cool. You don't actually have to "listen" to your wife.
          She's still in the quiz portion of our early marriage.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I can't hear a damn thing my wife says sometimes....and I will be looking right at her. Its a blessing and a curse sometimes. I tend to get myself into situations I never intended to by just saying uh huh, ok.

Comment

I really love it when she has her back to me, walking away, on the other side of the house and acts like I'm supposed to hear her.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I can't hear a damn thing my wife says sometimes....and I will be looking right at her. Its a blessing and a curse sometimes. I tend to get myself into situations I never intended to by just saying uh huh, ok.
                Same shit I'm getting into. I end up agreeing to do some stupid shit on a day 8 months in a future.

Comment

My wife knows I rarely listen, ever...

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    She's still in the quiz portion of our early marriage.
                    Oh ! well good luck with all that.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Same shit I'm getting into. I end up agreeing to do some stupid shit on a day 8 months in a future.
                      Yup, and then 2 days later she asks me some random question about the conversation and what we need to do or bring to this event and I will have no clue what she is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        I really love it when she has her back to me, walking away, on the other side of the house and acts like I'm supposed to hear her.
                        got to love that shit. When you get to a certain distance and it's laborious to listen, you get ignored automatically. My gain has a threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Yup, and then 2 days later she asks me some random question about the conversation and what we need to do or bring to this event and I will have no clue what she is talking about.
                          2 days later? Mine is 2 days before. I talk about how I can't wait to get some work done on the car, or go hunting, etc.. and she says "Oh, this is the weekend we agreed to go help my mother with XXXX"

Comment

Answer with a question. You'll learn.
                            Photobucket

Comment

*takes notes*

Comment

Working...
                              X