Parts washer fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts washer fluid

We are about to order a parts washer for the warehouse here at work, and I wanted to know where everyone gets their actual cleaning solution for these units?

Anyone had any luck with the $100-20 gallon unit they sell at Harbor Freight? This a light duty unit; but all we need it for is to wash off the grease from king pin locks for semi trailers once or twice a week. It will be very lightly used so I am not to worried about the unit, as we will also buy the extended warranty.

I use a parts cleaning solution from tractor supply

Comment

Originally posted by econodrag View Post
      I use a parts cleaning solution from tractor supply
      Is it naptha type solution?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have one of the cheepy style parts washers and have had it for 10 plus years and it still works great . I think its a 20 gallon and I just use mineral spirits in mine . Cheap , easy and works great .
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
          We are about to order a parts washer for the warehouse here at work, and I wanted to know where everyone gets their actual cleaning solution for these units?

Anyone had any luck with the $100-20 gallon unit they sell at Harbor Freight? This a light duty unit; but all we need it for is to wash off the grease from king pin locks for semi trailers once or twice a week. It will be very lightly used so I am not to worried about the unit, as we will also buy the extended warranty.
          I work for a company that distributes industrial grade solvents & parts washers... If ur not going to use it much, I'd go with a 142 flash petroleum naptha, that way it wont evaporate too fast, but will be better than what u can buy in stores. There are 2 different prices here, one is just buying the solvent outright, and you dispose of it on your own. The other is a SERVICE, which you agree to let us change it out at LEAST every 4 months (3 times per year minimum)... Here's the pricing I can get u:

SOLVENT SALE:

10g - $55.00
          20g - $107.00
          55g - $343 (includes the drum)

PARTS CLEANING SCHEDULED SERVICE:

10g - $79.00/svc
          20g - $110.00/svc
          30g - $161.00/svc

The service pricing includes new solvent, the rep cleaning up the machine, and disposal of the dirty solvent along with your paper trail.

If for whatever reason, when they come out to do the service the solvent is still clean, you can do a "top off" where they will add some solvent for whatever has evaporated since the last service, and its $45 instead of the full service fee.

Call or pm me if u have any questions or concerns...

-Daniel
          214-552-5114

Comment

Most O'Reilly stores have them in stock in 5 gallon buckets.

Comment

Just got a visit from the Irving EPA this last week.

Be sure you have a spill plan and the MSDS sheets on file to cover your ass.
              Also be sure you have some sort of absorbant around so "no spill can get into the public water".

We passed all test with flying colors, but we were prepaired,

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                Just got a visit from the Irving EPA this last week.

Be sure you have a spill plan and the MSDS sheets on file to cover your ass.
                Also be sure you have some sort of absorbant around so "no spill can get into the public water".

We passed all test with flying colors, but we were prepaired,
                Was it actual EPA, or was it TCEQ(Texas Commission on Environmental Quality)?

Just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                X