Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    What?!? That's a stupid law.
    You have to apprentice to a falconer, and then even if you finish your apprenticeship, and they decide you aren't good enough, they can blackball you from becoming a falconer. You also can't buy a falcon. You have to go out and catch one. It's a weird, arcane little world, full of weird people. In Europe, it's way easier. As long as you pass your apprenticeship, and meet the legal requirements, you can buy any damn bird you want.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Get a hawk call and try and lure one of the parents in.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        You have to apprentice to a falconer, and then even if you finish your apprenticeship, and they decide you aren't good enough, they can blackball you from becoming a falconer. You also can't buy a falcon. You have to go out and catch one. It's a weird, arcane little world, full of weird people. In Europe, it's way easier. As long as you pass your apprenticeship, and meet the legal requirements, you can buy any damn bird you want.
        This guy bought a falcon with his car insurance savings. Pretty sure he didn't apprentice...

Comment

Get it some water since it's thirsty, firstly.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Comment

Are you a falconer?!?! I've wanted to become one so I can hunt such an extended season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Are you a falconer?!?! I've wanted to become one so I can hunt such an extended season.
                It's a secret society, so he can neither confirm nor deny he is a member.

Comment

I've always been fascinated with these creatures. Looks like he should be able to fly soon?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Is he a hawk wrangler or something?
                    I don't think so, but he and his family run a wild animal rehabilitation center. The repair work they did to an turtles shell was awesome.

Comment

Quick, someone check the law books, do hawks qualify for falconry hunting protection?

edit: fuck the law.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        I looked into it, and it's beyond not worth it if you have any responsibilities whatsoever.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        Quick, someone check the law books, do hawks qualify for falconry hunting protection?

edit: fuck the law.
                        Most hunting falconers use red tailed hawks, if that's what you're asking.

Comment

I looked into it, and it's beyond not worth it if you have any responsibilities whatsoever.

Most hunting falconers use red tailed hawks, if that's what you're asking.
                          I'd rather spend my time on a hunting dog over a falcon. But falcons are so damn cool. What a predicament. If I cut down his tail and beak do I have to file a form 1 for a SBR (short beaked raptor)?
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I'd rather spend my time on a hunting dog over a falcon. But falcons are so damn cool. What a predicament. If I cut down his tail and beak do I have to file a form 1 for a SBR (short beaked raptor)?
                            Originally posted by Dwight Schrute
                            That's ridiculous. You'd ruin the falcon.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              x2
                              x3

Comment

YALE YOU MOTHER FUCKER! lololololol
                                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                                X