Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I moved after 18 years in my house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I moved after 18 years in my house...

Got married in 1993, bought a house in Carrollton 1994. Good neighborhood, great neighbors. Many are good friends.

Got divorced in 2008, bought out the ex's equity. I was glad to have one thing in my life that didn't change. I fixed up the house more to my liking, bought new furniture. After the drama filled divorce, I was quite happy with a quiet, seemingly boring existence. That lasted 14 months.

Then I got lonely, I dated around & after going through 5-6 women, I met Allyson. She's awesome -wish I'd met her 20-25 years ago!

We decide to live together - I don't like her house, she doesn't like mine. I sold mine & moved in Allyson's house today. Now we hunt for our new house & put her's on the market.

After 18 years it feels strange to leave, but I also feel like I'm moving to a better life. Still....I keep looking back at the last 18 years.

NE1 else felt that way?

No
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Nope, me neither.
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Pics? not of the house

Comment

Glad to hear it Scott. Best of luck man. I think getting rid of the house is a good step towards getting rid of old memories.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
            Got married in 1993, bought a house in Carrollton 1994. Good neighborhood, great neighbors. Many are good friends.

Got divorced in 2008, bought out the ex's equity. I was glad to have one thing in my life that didn't change. I fixed up the house more to my liking, bought new furniture. After the drama filled divorce, I was quite happy with a quiet, seemingly boring existence. That lasted 14 months.

Then I got lonely, I dated around & after going through 5-6 women, I met Allyson. She's awesome -wish I'd met her 20-25 years ago!

We decide to live together - I don't like her house, she doesn't like mine. I sold mine & moved in Allyson's house today. Now we hunt for our new house & put her's on the market.

After 18 years it feels strange to leave, but I also feel like I'm moving to a better life. Still....I keep looking back at the last 18 years.

NE1 else felt that way?
            Looking back will only cause sadness and resentment. It is always weird starting new chapters in our lives and the less you do it the better so make this one count. I would say keep on keepin on man sounds like your doing good to me. After 15 years with the same women "strange" is good! LoL. I hope you get the house you both want and not the one she want's wear the pant's! Good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

I hate my house for this very reason. Good luck!
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Glad to hear it Scott. Best of luck man. I think getting rid of the house is a good step towards getting rid of old memories.
                x2
                sigpic

Comment

You must be really smitten with this gal to sell your house just because she doesn't care for it. Sounds a tad impulsive, but I wish you well. Don't let lonliness cloud your judgement. Sounds like you had an investment in that house outside of just it's mere equity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I hate my house for this very reason. Good luck!

It's funny, pretty much everyone I talked to with the exception of one person said I should keep the house. After all the work that was done to it, it just seemed like the right move. Glad I took Jimmys advice and ditched it, even if it did hit the pocketbook hard at the time. Best possible thing I could have done.

Comment

Keep looking forward and never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        It's funny, pretty much everyone I talked to with the exception of one person said I should keep the house. After all the work that was done to it, it just seemed like the right move. Glad I took Jimmys advice and ditched it, even if it did hit the pocketbook hard at the time. Best possible thing I could have done.
                        You were pretty busted up, homey. The last thing you needed was that place holding you back mentally, emotionally, and financially. You would have come home every night to a shell of a home, regardless of furnishings, and played out the seemingly good times you had there trying to figure out what you did wrong, since you were given no real reason. It would have drove you mad and who knows how long it would have taken for you to get to where you are now.

Comment

Not gonna end good.....But best of luck to you.....

Comment

Originally posted by MstangsBware View Post
                            Not gonna end good.....But best of luck to you.....
                            what makes you say that? Scott isn't some irresponsible/impulsive person.
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Ya know, when we left our old house there was not real emotions - we were ready. The reality is, after raising our kids we'll be in our current house for 16-18 years by the time we sell. I'm sure at that point we're going to be bummed about it. However, a big house/yard is not always a good thing when you're an old ass.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X