Cops gaming the system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    They are unheard of in the free market where unions can't keep demanding more and the one actually paying the bills is forced to pay whatever by the use of force.
    Unheard of? Wrong. My last employer gave a 2-hour minimum for call-ins. If they called you in, and you showed, but they didn't need you, they'd send you home with 2 hours' pay. Like Pete said, it's an incentive to get managers to utilize labor wisely, and not just fuck everyone over with unnecessary mandatory overtime.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      2500 hours of OT every year would be 85 hours+ per week. That doesn't make sense.
      Just going off 90 hours each week cap that they mentioned in the video.
      Last edited by pr1042; 06-04-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
        Just going off the mention of the 90 hours each week cap that they mentioned in the video.
        I don't even see how that's possible, that would be 18hrs a week work, but I guess some of them can work 7 days a week so maybe that's how.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          I don't even see how that's possible, that would be 18hrs a week work, but I guess some of them can work 7 days a week so maybe that's how.
          That's what leads me to believe something non-legit is going on.....That means these guys are working either 13 hours days, 7 days a week (1 of those days is only 12 hours) or pulling double shifts or some combination. And then duplicating this for the entire year.

I averaged 12 hours of overtime a week over the course of last year and that got old quick. I can't imagine working 50 hours of OT a week and not dying

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
            That's what leads me to believe something non-legit is going on.....That means these guys are working either 13 hours days, 7 days a week (1 of those days is only 12 hours) or pulling double shifts or some combination. And then duplicating this for the entire year.

I averaged 12 hours of overtime a week over the course of last year and that got old quick. I can't imagine working 50 hours of OT a week and not dying
            I worked 13 days out of 14 days doing 12 hour shifts after the nador, except the first day which was 16 hours. That got old fasttttt.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

And we don't have unions yet we somehow do our job. Interesting isn't it? That's what I'm saying. Put cops on salary but have someone who actually has a vested interest in taxes being kept low standing there to make sure taxpayers aren't getting the shaft on all of this.
              Not really, unions as a whole have been a lot less important for salaried jobs than hourly jobs.

Comment

Interesting. Data?
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My guess is there was a lot of guys getting called in for a few minutes extra every single day as a "favor". Compounded with wither number fudging, or someone saying that they were called in for 15 minutes with a break in between visits so they charged 4 hours each time.

Either way, the cops claiming this is similar to a tech finishing fast Ardmore their rocker. This is nothing like that. Cops are in the service industry for all I'm concerned. You serve for you alotted time and get paid a fair share. You can't speed up crime happenings...hell look how long it took to get a guy from a crane with 50 cops and swat.

Comment

Which could have been done with 1 squad car and a .22 rifle.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Interesting. Data?
                      What kind of data are you looking for? Just look at the amount of regulation regarding working time.

Original point standing, as a salaried individual you are expected to work overtime and are compensated as so vs. hourly where a 30 min total drive, plus fuel, can leave you at a net loss for only working 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X