insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

i am thinking about getting "classic" car insurance for my mustang. my insurance company is charging me about $20-25 a month for liability for it and im thinking i can get better insurance with a specialty company for it. anyone know where i should look for it? im lucky if i put 50 miles a week on it, hell, i haven't even driven it in 3 weeks from being sick.

When I had my Torino I looked around at a few places, and the cheap ones always have some type of catch. Like you can only drive it to car shows, or on weekends, or less than 500 miles a year... I would rather have a policy I know will pay if something happens, and pay a little more.

Comment

Better than 20-25 a month? When you find out, lmk.
      .....bro....

Comment

i only drive mine on weekends anyway. $20-25 a month is for liability only.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          When I had my Torino I looked around at a few places, and the cheap ones always have some type of catch. Like you can only drive it to car shows, or on weekends, or less than 500 miles a year... I would rather have a policy I know will pay if something happens, and pay a little more.
          my insurance company will only offer liability on cars older then 15 years old. i was just thinking that i could find a company that offers full coverage for the same cost, also with no more then i drive it, would make more sense.

Comment

Look at Grundy and Haggerty. I had my 93 Cobra insured for about $20K agreed value and it was about $300/yr. They do require payment in full for the year (no monthly payments)
            - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
            1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
              Look at Grundy and Haggerty. I had my 93 Cobra insured for about $20K agreed value and it was about $300/yr. They do require payment in full for the year (no monthly payments)
              I just signed up with Grundy on my 90 GT. Declared value of 12k. full coverage $176/year.
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post

i just looked at haggerty and they say my car needs to be worth a minimum of $30K. my car is nowhere near that.

Comment

I have Hagerty and mine (1982 GT) has an agreed to value of 8k with them. No limits on miles, just have to have another car - full coverage plus towing is about $200 a year.

Comment

Barrett Jackson which is underwritten by Chartis. I pay $400/yr for my Mach on $25k agreed value. Full coverage with no deductibles or mileage limits.

Comment

Working...
                    X