Rapper brags about wealth, billionaire oil tycoon puts him in his place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapper brags about wealth, billionaire oil tycoon puts him in his place

In this corner is Drake (yes, that’s really his stage name): a 25-year old Canadian rapper and former (Canadian) television star. Apparently, he’s kind of a big deal with the kids.

And in this corner is T. Boone Pickens: an 84-year old oil tycoon, entrepreneur, and the 328th richest person in America. He actually is a big deal.

Now, ordinarily, these two would probably never have any reason to meet, let alone talk finances. But that’s what Twitter is for.

“The first million is the hardest,” the Canadian rapper tweeted. Awesome. You’re wealthy. We couldn’t be prouder.

Here’s where it gets funny: T. Boone Pickens, who follows Drake on Twitter (why? We’ll never know), wasn’t at all impressed.

“The first billion is a helluva lot harder” the billionaire oil tycoon responded.

At this point, we assume Drake just kinda’ sat there and blinked a few times.

“@boonepickens just stunted on me heavy,” he eventually replied.

“There has never before been a point in history when a young black guy rich off of Canadian soap operas and luxury super-rap could exchange words with a quasi-eccentric super-rich octogenarian who loves wind power,” writes Gizmodo’s Sam Biddle. “Now they can—in public. And that, simply, is awesome.”

Next up, we’re hoping we can get a Twitter dialogue going between Jose Canseco and the Dalai Lama.

In other news...

Comment

I think I just twit myself.......

Comment

I bet he had to google who he was.

Comment

Is the past tence of "tweet " twat?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Is the past tence of "tweet " twat?
            Fuck if I know..... Never used Twitter before.

Comment

Twitter - the area between "twat" and "shitter"
              - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
              1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Boondoggle pickens haha

Comment

Oh snap! No he di' int.

Comment

White people>*

Comment

Did they pick this up from The Onion? 'The First Billion is the Hardest' is the title of his autobiography.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                        Did they pick this up from The Onion? 'The First Billion is the Hardest' is the title of his autobiography.
                        Ok ...
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          yous wicked smaht.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            yous wicked smaht.
                            Lol mostly confused about why Boone Pickens would be following Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              yous wicked smaht.
                              Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                              X