Unemployment benefits drop to 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment benefits drop to 6 months

I just found out that unemployment is not paid for upto 18 months anymore (as of mid May I believe) they have dropped it down to 6 months.

Being the normal DFWM guy I would normally say GOOD! BUT... since I will be unemployed on 6/29 (after 12 years at this company) I am thinking SHIT! .. I have no intentions of riding out on gub money for the entire time, but I'm not having any luck finding a comparable job and pay.

I did a search and didn't find anything about this so if it is old news to ya'll tuffshitzka
    Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM.
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Sorry to hear your welfare won't go as long as you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Sorry to hear your welfare won't go as long as you'd like.
      lol I figured an answer like this would be posted pretty quick I am hoping like hell I don't have to get on it at all!

Comment

The good part is this means that the unemployment rate has dropped and more people are starting to get jobs so that in turn should mean better economy

we shall see

Comment

LOL in 4 months Obama won't need to buy anymore votes. That's why they dropped it back to 6 months.

Comment

I would rather the guberment cut the payouts for welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
              The good part is this means that the unemployment rate has dropped and more people are starting to get jobs so that in turn should mean better economy

we shall see
              Guess again bud.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                I would rather the guberment cut the payouts for welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc.
                Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Guess again bud.
                  But they added 69,000 jobs!

Comment

If you're not eligible for unemployment, you're not unemployed. YAY!!!! Obama fixed the unemployment problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

we shall see
                      i could be wrong but doesn't the unemployment rate only count people who are actively seeking employment?

Comment

Damn, my wife just got on unemployment.

Comment

Unemployment isn't welfare. You pay for your unemployment, don't you? Isn't there a portion of every check that goes into this?
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            Unemployment isn't welfare. You pay for your unemployment, don't you? Isn't there a portion of every check that goes into this?
                            Your employer does.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              Companies pay as far as I understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X