No announcement yet.

Help with sat dish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a smart phone get a compass app and rotate the dish to between 180 and 210 degrees. You will have to fine tune it using the signal screen. That's what I did when I put dish up at my shop.

Comment

Wait for DISH to come out. If you want it done right it needs to be aligned with a sat meter. Just getting it to work is not good enough to get a reliable signal during heavy cloud cover and rain.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        Wait for DISH to come out. If you want it done right it needs to be aligned with a sat meter. Just getting it to work is not good enough to get a reliable signal during heavy cloud cover and rain.
        No, but it should be enough to get him by until Dish gets out there in 4 days. Receive only systems are easy to point - I can practically do them in my sleep.

I wasn't posting anything as an alternative to a Dish tech repointing/peaking his signal.

Comment

Got it to say 60% or something then lost it. Grrrrr . Got a Shit load of people coming over

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
            Got it to say 60% or something then lost it. Grrrrr . Got a Shit load of people coming over

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
            Google is your friend... Typing in your ZIP code should give you azimuth and elevation info. Like stated before have someone calling out the numbers then stop. The old way when I first had satellite was pump up the volume and the tone would tell you when you were close. Anything over 90 was kicking when I was in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
            X