Going to Italy, where to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Italy, where to go

The wifey and I are thinking about going to Italy next spring, any suggestions on cities or sites?

Venice is the place to go for couples. Rome for all the sights. The ruins at Pompeii are very interesting. I never made it over to Florence, but I hear great things about it. Don't pay to go in the Colosseum, it's underwhelming.

Comment

Comment

We spent time in Rome and Florence. Rome has "the coliseum", the Vatican, the Trevi fountain, the Sisteen Chapel, and countless other attractions that are "must see's". Florence was a couple hour train-ride from Rome, and well worth it. The Uffizi (museum) is just incredible. The David (statue) alone is worth the trip. They also have a massive leather market in the middle of town.

Comment

Monoco Grand Prix if you're going in Spring.

Comment

My little brother is on a plane as I type this on the way there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
              Venice is the place to go for couples. Rome for all the sights. The ruins at Pompeii are very interesting. I never made it over to Florence, but I hear great things about it. Don't pay to go in the Colosseum, it's underwhelming.
              ^^^this^^^

Comment

Venice is the shit and we should have just stayed there ! Stay away from Milan, Fucking arm pit of Italy !
                2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                Speedlogix Catch Can
                Resonator Delete

Comment

Oh yeah, take a day out and stand in the ridiculous line to see the Sistine Chapel. To this day, one of the most amazing things I've laid eyes on. And I'm atheist.

Comment

drive a little further to abbott and have lunch at the turkey shop?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We went to Rome this month I enjoyed it. Lots of walking to all the sites. Make sure you know it is a flat rate of 45 euro from the airport to anywhere inside the city walls. The vatican had a ridiculous line (800+ people in it) to go into Vatican City so needless to say we didnt do that. If you go to Rome, make sure you check out Trip advisor. The #1 spot is an awesome looking church excavation and they talk about the new technology being used to help excavate. They only do 1 English tour a day so you need to make sure you book your spots WAAAAAYYY in advance.

Make sure you watch out for pick pockets. I saw a 12 year old looking girl pick pocket a guy. I wasnt 100% sure of what I saw so I didnt say anything until some girl outside the metro was screaming "pick pocket". The guy checked for his wallet and it was gone. I looked at him and looked at her...couple time and he got the point. You have to watch out though because you will read stories of how the people work in groups and you can end up in trouble

Comment

Working...
                      X