Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    WTF? Who hates Vegas?!
    Someone who lived there for a brief period. That town is full of more degenerate losers than anywhere else in this country. Beggers and thieves everywhere. You can't walk into any public place without bells, whistles, dinging and sirens going off. In addition to all the damn drunk drivers in that town. My grandparents retired there, my grandfather served in WWII, raised his seven kids, only to be creamed by an idiot drunk driver there a few years ago. The reason it's so hot there is because it's the gates to hell.

Fuck Vegas.

Comment

Points equal revenue generation

Beware of a Brutal Point System

But the bad news is that Texas has a relatively low point count before heavy penalties start kicking in―just six points in three years. And Texas doesn't split hairs when it comes to which offenses result in how many points; it's cut-and-dried:

One moving violation is two points.

A moving violation resulting in an accident is three points.

Besides the whopping dent in your pocketbook under the DRP program, four moving violations in 12 months or seven moving violations in 24 months will also get your license suspended. The more egregious violations do not accumulate points, but that's not necessarily good news―see "Conviction-based Surcharges," below.

In addition to having your license suspended for habitual traffic citations, you risk paying increasingly heavy fines on an annual, repeating basis by accumulating points. So drive safely and save your hard-earned cash!

Everything you need to know about the Texas point system and how traffic tickets can affect your DPS driving record.
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

DRP is a fucking joke.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          CDL's are a pain in the ass now days. You get points just for warnings. Plus every HiPo and local cop are itching to pull over the big rigs because they rack up big fines and fast. That alone would be reason enough to stay away from them.
          I don't write CDL holders and I usually just give them a verbal warning, unless they're just asses and they pretty much write the ticket themselves. I know they lose points and could lose their jobs over it, plus my dad was a truck driver for like 50 years. They're usually pretty appreciative of it.

Comment

Believe if it's your first dwi you have to wait 3 years before you cal apply. I semi looked into it for a friend trying to get a job with me at txdot

Comment

This is why you do everything you can to keep citations off of your record. Been rolling my eyes at the "you broke the law, man up and pay the ticket" BS for ever.

Hire a lawyer and keep your record clean. A clean driving record also seems to inspire a lot more warnings being given vs. citations. It's like credit. Good score = zero interest

Originally posted by mikec View Post
              Beware of a Brutal Point System

But the bad news is that Texas has a relatively low point count before heavy penalties start kicking in―just six points in three years. And Texas doesn't split hairs when it comes to which offenses result in how many points; it's cut-and-dried:

One moving violation is two points.

A moving violation resulting in an accident is three points.

Besides the whopping dent in your pocketbook under the DRP program, four moving violations in 12 months or seven moving violations in 24 months will also get your license suspended. The more egregious violations do not accumulate points, but that's not necessarily good news―see "Conviction-based Surcharges," below.

In addition to having your license suspended for habitual traffic citations, you risk paying increasingly heavy fines on an annual, repeating basis by accumulating points. So drive safely and save your hard-earned cash!

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/point-system.php
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Another issue is the companies policy... we wont touch anyone for 7 years after their DWI offense... CDL or not. Insurance is too high for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  This is why you do everything you can to keep citations off of your record. Been rolling my eyes at the "you broke the law, man up and pay the ticket" BS for ever.

Hire a lawyer and keep your record clean. A clean driving record also seems to inspire a lot more warnings being given vs. citations. It's like credit. Good score = zero interest
                  Yep,
                  Main reason I have a clean record is the fact I have a clean record. It sure as shit isn't because I don't get pulled over or get a ticket. Clean record will get you a lot of warnings and a rare ticket if doing 15 over. Last ticket I got was for 13 over from a trooper in our area who doesn't write warnings.

Comment

Working...
                  X