Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three random questions

...I have at the moment to help with board activity:
    1. Can you take unopened (glass) bottles of alcohol in checked baggage on an airplane? Has anyone done this successfully?
    2. What to do for lower back pain? It doesn't hurt to sit, stand or lay, but bending to get up or down hurts. It's a sharp pain on the left side. Chiropractor? GP for referral to back doctor? Massage?
    3. Where can you rent an Aston Martin DBS? Not the DB9, not the Vantage (unless V12), not the Vanquish, specifically the DBS.

1. Yes, I did it on return from Belgium with alcohol. Pack carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
      1. Can you take unopened (glass) bottles of alcohol in checked baggage on an airplane? Has anyone done this successfully?
      2. What to do for lower back pain? It doesn't hurt to sit, stand or lay, but bending to get up or down hurts. It's a sharp pain on the left side. Chiropractor? GP for referral to back doctor? Massage?
      3. Where can you rent an Aston Martin DBS? Not the DB9, not the Vantage (unless V12), not the Vanquish, specifically the DBS.

1. Yes. But it has to be under the fluid oz restrictions, so good luck. Danny had a bottle of wine confiscated when he tried taking it on board a flight back from our Bonneville trip.

2. Hydrocodone.

3. Have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        1. Yes. But it has to be under the fluid oz restrictions, so good luck. Danny had a bottle of wine confiscated when he tried taking it on board a flight back from our Bonneville trip.

2. Hydrocodone.

3. Have no idea.
        I think he's talking checked bags, not carry on. There's still a max for international flights, not sure about domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
          I think he's talking checked bags, not carry on. There's still a max for international flights, not sure about domestic.

Ah whoops, missed the key word. Last time I did that was 2006, so I have no idea if any of that has changed.

Comment

1. I don't believe so.
            2. Stretching. I've taken up Yoga recently and it really does amazing things for you physically and mentally.
            3. My first thought was Dream Drive, but it looks like they only have the V8 Vantage. I'm sure you can rent one in Vegas because you can rent almost anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
              A DBS is really only marginally different from a regular DB9, you know. Little more power, slightly stiffer suspension, and that's about it.

Comment

mathforce weak in this one

Comment

From the TSA website:

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.
                  We’re sorry, but there is no www.tsa.gov page that matches your entry.?Possible reasons: The page may have been moved. It no longer exists. The address may have been typed incorrectly. Please try the following options: Visit the TSA homepage. Browse the A-Z index. Contact TSA.

Comment

where u flying to?

Comment

1. Yes you can take alcohol, but different countries have different requirements/regulations. If you are flying internationally check with your country of destination.

2. Start with a massage at a reputable massage parlor. If that doesn't help, I would suggest going to a chiropractor. Also, the bed you sleep on makes a big difference.

3. http://www.mach5cars.com/rental-car-...on-martin-dbs/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        1. I don't believe so.
                        2. Stretching. I've taken up Yoga recently and it really does amazing things for you physically and mentally.
                        3. My first thought was Dream Drive, but it looks like they only have the V8 Vantage. I'm sure you can rent one in Vegas because you can rent almost anything there.
                        I have tried Yoga a few times. Strawberry is my favorite. Hasnt ever done anything for my back though.
                        Photobucket

Comment

facepalm.

Comment

1. Yes. I've flown hooch domestically and internationally.
                            2. Muscle relaxers
                            3. No idea

Comment

I chuckled.

Comment

Working...
                              X