No announcement yet.

Title Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So with him just paying the taxes on it. Is there anyway I can save any money considering once he gets the title im gonna just go & register it in my name & have to pay the taxes again?

Talk about a hustle! Uncle Sam is gonna make his no matter what
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
      well, you could have the previous owner, whose name the title is in, either file for a lost title, or you could offer to pay him to go to carrollton and have a new title printed on the spot. Then you could just tell him to not put a date on it when he signs it and you could put whatever date on it you wanted so that when you get ready to transfer it over you won't get hammered.

Just explain to him what the deal is and see what he says. Worst he can do is say no.

That could save you a lot of money, potentially. A title printed in person at the carrollton dmv is $5.45.

-aaron
      ding!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I mailed a power of a attorney to the previous owner and asked for a copy of his DL.

He filled it out, and sent me a copy. Went to the DMV and got the title for $5.45. I'll just wait to fill it out if and when I sell the vehicle.

1st time to ever have any dealings with anything like this and it went smoothly.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
        X