fairmonts, Zephyrs, LTD's and other odd foxbodys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairmonts, Zephyrs, LTD's and other odd foxbodys

Im looking for a body to replace the now mangled coupe we run in lemons.

Anyone know of one that can be had for dirty cheap? condition can be marginal, interior not nessisary, rolling would be a plus, just to move it around and on and off the trailer. Wagons, futuras, big windows, etc.

Id rather not have the headache of a mark vii, they are heavy and dont adapt well to coils on the back.

Post up what you know of. thanks
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Capris

Sent from a bathroom

Comment

1991 Grand Marquis?

What about 91'ish Thunderbirds?

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        1991 Grand Marquis?

What about 91'ish Thunderbirds?
        Those could be done but aren't a direct swap for the good parts we already have. Think more like late 70's to mid -late 80's.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          Those could be done but aren't a direct swap for the good parts we already have. Think more like late 70's to mid -late 80's.
          I couldn't find any of those, so I broadened my search and found quite a few of the later cars for $700 and under.

The V8 Thunderbirds would be a direct swap for the mod motor. I want to say they have IRS, but I bet it's heavy and sloppy.

Comment

Mercury Marquis....no Grand. Had an '83, ugliest car ever made, the platform you're looking for.

Comment

600.00 will buy my 85 coupe. LMK Its on the FTW/ Arlington Border.
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by SamTex View Post
                Mercury Marquis....no Grand. Had an '83, ugliest car ever made, the platform you're looking for.
                Good luck finding one, or its ltd counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                  It's for Lemons.. They need to be under $500 for all (minus safety) I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                    I couldn't find any of those, so I broadened my search and found quite a few of the later cars for $700 and under.

The V8 Thunderbirds would be a direct swap for the mod motor. I want to say they have IRS, but I bet it's heavy and sloppy.
                    im not sure how the pedal assy would work out, same with the brakes. Plus they are heavy.

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                    I've got a couple options on roller coupes for have that or less, plus that is over our budget.

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    Good luck finding one, or its ltd counterpart.
                    Ive found one on CL, but its a bit too high.
                    Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    It's for Lemons.. They need to be under $500 for all (minus safety) I believe.
                    yup.

Got a line on a Fairmont Futura.

Comment

It really doesn't look that bad for a junker racer. Can't you just tie a chain to a tree and pull the quarter out on it?

Comment

if it was just the qtr, yeah. its bent from that corner up, doors dont open, roof is wrinkled, and the floor is buckled at the drop down behind the drivers seat area. It wont even roll anymore.

Comment

if it was just the qtr, yeah. its bent from that corner up, doors dont open, roof is wrinkled, and the floor is buckled at the drop down behind the drivers seat area. It wont even roll anymore.
                          HOLY FUCK!!

Did they take y'all out intentionally? I thought rubbing was allowed, but frowned upon, or some shit?

How does someone get out of their line that bad in 5 laps?

Comment

It was a major brake failure that caused the crash. And yes, rubbing is heavily frowned on in Lemons. In Chump Car, not so much as long as it's a "racing incident" and not on purpose.

Comment

Damn. Guess I didn't look at the pictures close enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X