Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where to buy power supply fans locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where to buy power supply fans locally?

This is for a 12V 70A power supply. I have found them online but local would be cool.
    TRW model A47-B15A-15T3-000

Fry's? Microcenter? Altex?

Comment

If its an obscure part you might try \ check with Tanner Electronics

Tanner Electronics in Carrollton near I-35 at the North West corner of the intersection of Valwood Parkway and Monetary.

Our address is:
      Tanner Electronics
      1100 Valwood Parkway, Suite #100
      Carrollton, TX 75006
      Phone: (972) 242-8702

Comment

Thanks. Tanner's has one that will work.

Comment

I was going to say Fry's too.

Comment

If you ever need any obscure part, try this place:

Allied Electronics
            7151 Jack Newell Boulevard South, Fort Worth, TX 76118
            (800) 433-5700 ‎ www.alliedelec.com

Is this the part:

It shows it's not available for order, but if you talk to the staff, I'm sure there is a compatible part. I've been here, this place is HUGE.

Comment

Altex
              2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Most power supply fans are standard sizes, 40mm, 60mm, 120mm, etc.. you can open it up and just install any off the shelf fan usually. The interconnects may be different.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

This is not for a computer. The fan chassis is metal, fan has ball bearings, etc. It runs 24/7 and the cheeseball fans I have purchased at Fry's for other purposes do not last very long. The last fan on this power supply lasted for more than 20 years. Tanner's had one that is an exact replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    This is not for a computer. The fan chassis is metal, fan has ball bearings, etc. It runs 24/7 and the cheeseball fans I have purchased at Fry's for other purposes do not last very long. The last fan on this power supply lasted for more than 20 years. Tanner's had one that is an exact replacement.
                    Oh, misunderstood. Is this an AC or DC fan? I understand the PSU is DC but some of the commercial case fans are out of the loop AC for longevity. The reason I ask is because I have several commercial fan units in a box, one of which might work for you.
                    Last edited by CJ; 05-25-2012, 01:50 PM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

AC
                      I have already installed the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                        Jeez, 20 years, that's it? They don't make things like they used too.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Jeez, 20 years, that's it? They don't make things like they used too.
                          You say that - My parents had a GE chest freezer since the 30's and that damn fan went to 2004. That's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            You say that - My parents had a GE chest freezer since the 30's and that damn fan went to 2004. That's amazing.
                            Dan Bishop's Grandfather built it is why.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              Dan Bishop's Grandfather built it is why.
                              Thanks for that... now cleaning Mt. Dew off my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                              X