Terrorist's letter to News 8 shows deeper radicalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist's letter to News 8 shows deeper radicalization

I put this in the Back Porch so more people will see it. This News8 report shows how two faced and deceptive the people we are dealing with are. They are your friend to your face and will blow you up when you turn your back.

by DAVID SCHECHTER
    Bio | Email | Follow: @davidschechter
    WFAA

Posted on May 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Updated yesterday at 10:38 PM

DALLAS — When Hosam Smadi faced a terrorism conviction in a plot to kill thousands by blowing up the Fountain Place office tower in downtown Dallas, he went before a judge for sentencing. This is what he said:

"Osama bin Laden is a bad man. I hate al-Qaida, and I hate terrorism, and I have no desire to be one. I'm sorry, your honor, for anything I did."

That’s contrary to what Smadi said in a video recording he made for Osama bin Laden in a Dallas hotel room as he prepared for his plan of mass destruction.

At one point he said:

"The date of the blessed strikes, September 11, was a celebration for us. So, let us make another date become a celebration of us that history will mark for us."

He was sentenced by a federal judge to a 24-year prison term.

So who is the real Hosam Smadi? That's what News 8 wanted to know.

On two occasions, he agreed to be interviewed from prison, though ultimately the government said "no."

But Smadi sent News 8 a letter from prison, and it sheds a clearer light on who he really is: A self-described "radical."

"I think this reflects that this is really who he is and who he wants to be,” said John Ratcliffe, a former U.S. Attorney and now a partner at the law firm of Ashcroft, Sutton and Ratcliffe.

Smadi’s letter includes a photo that appears to be him wearing traditional Muslim clothing and beard. In a caption with the new photograph, Smadi calls himself "the innocent Jordanian war prisoner become radical in prison after American war and slavery on Islam."

His writings ramble. But he keeps coming back to a hatred of the U.S. government. "Evil and corruption and abusive powers in the hands of thieves," he calls it.

Ratcliffe sees a deepening of Smadi's radical view of Islam.

"I would submit that that is the real Hosam Smadi — not the one individual who, for a few seconds, in front of the person who was sentencing him, expressed contrition and appealed for leniency," Ratcliff said.

Smadi also writes "there is no evidence what so ever to convict me."

But that's despite FBI exhibits showing Smadi driving a pickup truck packed with what he thought were live explosives into a parking lot under the Fountain Place tower on September 24, 2009.

The bomb, supplied by undercover agents, was inert.

Then, pictures show him walking out — past people who he wanted to kill — before he picked up a cell phone to detonate the explosives.

"He's obviously not taken any responsibility for any of his actions at all," said Danny Defenbaugh, former Special Agent in Charge of the Dallas FBI.

But Smadi's family wants him to accept the blame.

In one e-mail sent to News 8, Smadi shared a message from his brother, who wrote:

"If u want to be close to ur god, juz pray and do ur stuff. u can't fight a whole nation to them in Islam its not ever ur job. wat ur doing is haram."

"Haram" is the Arabic word for "sinful"

fuck him.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Radical!
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I don't get how you are surprised that someone would tell the court they that they are a nice person and try to get leniency.

Are you just that naive?

Comment

only 24 years that's fucking it. No wonder we have so much shit going on. I say off with his head!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
            I don't get how you are surprised that someone would tell the court they that they are a nice person and try to get leniency.

Are you just that naive?
            Of course not. Criminals will try to come off as innocent, put on their best clothes and use manners in the courtroom. He wasn't just trying to put on his best side for the court. He has two totally different sides. That article doesn't show all of the other times that he has tried to come off in the media and to his own girlfriend that he is a fine upstanding guy, yet you see a totally different person the the pre-bomb video and in the letter that he sent to wfaa. His religion teaches him and others to be deceptive to their enemies and he was doing a worldclass job.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              His religion teaches him and others to be deceptive to their enemies and he was doing a worldclass job.
              Oh?
              But Smadi's family wants him to accept the blame.

In one e-mail sent to News 8, Smadi shared a message from his brother, who wrote:

"If u want to be close to ur god, juz pray and do ur stuff. u can't fight a whole nation to them in Islam its not ever ur job. wat ur doing is haram."

"Haram" is the Arabic word for "sinful"
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Of course not. Criminals will try to come off as innocent, put on their best clothes and use manners in the courtroom. He wasn't just trying to put on his best side for the court. He has two totally different sides. That article doesn't show all of the other times that he has tried to come off in the media and to his own girlfriend that he is a fine upstanding guy, yet you see a totally different person the the pre-bomb video and in the letter that he sent to wfaa. His religion teaches him and others to be deceptive to their enemies and he was doing a worldclass job.
                It's in the Koran to lie to unbelievers so that they can get out and do it again. If he had walked, he'd have learned from that mistake
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

This fucker is a waste of skin.
                  Last edited by Racewerx; 05-24-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Throw him from the top of the Fountain Place building. It'll let him know it's still standing. Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      HANG him from the top of the Fountain Place building. It'll let him know it's still standing. Just a thought...

Fixed

Comment

Jam a pig dick up his ass, then throw hi
                        Off the tower

Comment

He only got 24 years!!!! The guy from Blow got 60 years for selling drugs!! This guy tried to blow up a building and kill thousands of people, and he got half the fucking sentence. Hopefully the prison guards will let the population get ahold of him.
                          .223 > 911

Comment

All of that shit is too expensive. Pig blood on bullet. Fire into back of dome. Done.
                            2004 Suzuki DL650
                            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                              He only got 24 years!!!! The guy from Blow got 60 years for selling drugs!! This guy tried to blow up a building and kill thousands of people, and he got half the fucking sentence. Hopefully the prison guards will let the population get ahold of him.
                              The guy from Blow!

Comment

Working...
                              X