Would you be dead by now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be dead by now?

Interesting topic... How many of you would be dead now if it were not for modern medicine? For instance, appendix being removed, bowel blockage surgery, etc.. Life expectancy is considerably longer now because of modern medicine, but if you were alive back in say - the middle ages - would you still be here?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I'd be here, and since dirt bikes wouldn't have exist my leg would have never broke.

Comment

No major problems outside of Whooping Cough when I was like 3 or 4. Not sure if that would have killed me or not...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
        No major problems outside of Whooping Cough when I was like 3 or 4. Not sure if that would have killed me or not...
        It would of. My dad's little sister died from that when she was like 4 in the 50s.

Comment

I haven't had any surgery but I've taken antibiotics for different ear/nose/throat infections.

Comment

I'd be dead. My colon suckd

Comment

dead (appendix).

Comment

I had to have my gallbladder removed a few years ago... I guess that could've gotten bad enough to have killed me.

Comment

I had an appendectomy at age 12, so yeah, I would've died shortly after having the worst stomach ache of my life.

Comment

What was your ages at the time of all of these?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Aside from eye exams I haven't had a need to go to a doctor since I was a teenager(for a broken ankle). I haven't had any major surgery(wisdom teeth removed). And I generally don't get sick.

So, barring an infection after taking an arrow in the knee, I think I'd still be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                        I'd be dead. My colon suckd
                        Just because you put stuff in your ass doesn't mean your colon was sucking it up there.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Aside from eye exams I haven't had a need to go to a doctor since I was a teenager(for a broken ankle). I haven't had any major surgery(wisdom teeth removed). And I generally don't get sick.

So, barring an infection after taking an arrow to the knee, I think I'd still be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            What was your ages at the time of all of these?
                            I had my gallbladder removed at age 30, I'll be 33 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              So, barring an infection after taking an arrow in the knee, I think I'd still be alive.
                              Stupid guards in Skyrim...

"Oh I woulda yada yada yada, if I hadnt taken an arrow in the knee"...
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                              X