Best hand-held knife sharpener!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hand-held knife sharpener!

When I was shopping online yesterday, before deciding on what tool chest I wanted, I found this and watched the video.

Picked one up when I was at Northern Tool and all I can say is WOW!

This thing is awesome! Works as advertised (how often does that happen?). Sharpened my pocket knife and it's sharper now that it has ever been using all types of sharpeners. Used stones, Lansky sharpener with guide rods for angle, pull through type, everything. Well worth the $70!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

A bench grinder works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      A bench grinder works wonders.
      That wouldn't qualify as Hand-Held...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

But no reason to have hand held when you has bench grinder. Especially since it's multi purpose.

Comment

Did not know that existed, pretty cool
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Going to take your bench grinder with you when you go out to the deer lease?

I agree that if you have a shop/garage and have a nice bench belt grinder and have the proper belts to sharpen knives that it's better. This just happens to be portable and can run on a power inverter from your truck if out and about...

Comment

I use a gatco with the extra stones they sell. then i strop with mothers polish and then onto a piece of bare leather.

I can shave anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                I use a gatco with the extra stones they sell. then i strop with mothers polish and then onto a piece of bare leather.

I can shave anything you want.
                How long does that process take?

I ask because I use to use a Lansky sharpening kit like the Gatco and if a knife was really dull, it would take 15 mins or more to get a good edge back on it.

Literally took about 4 mins with this new sharpener and no oil or anything to fool with.
                Last edited by BlackGT; 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on this! I've used the Lansky with rods for years and while it does do a good job, I'm always looking the for the next best thing...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X