Opinions on BMW 550i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on BMW 550i

I think I wanna go buy this one. Anyone got any personal experience or knowldege to share regarding reliability, performance, cost of ownership, etc...?

I might go test drive it tonight. I'm thinking tint and tasteful 19" wheels, and I'd be good.

I'm essentially looking for a $30k car that I'm going to put 1/2 down on and finance the balance for 3yrs. I drive <10k miles/yr, so I'm looking for something with <60k miles so that it'll be paid off with just under 100k on the clock. Then I can drive it "for free" for a couple of years and sell it while it still has some residual value. Seems like a good plan to me. I know that, historically, some cars have required some pretty significant maintenance right around the 80k-100k mile mark, so I'm trying to do my research and figure out as much of that stuff as I can before I buy. Also looking at the 535i and the Audi S4/S6. The S6 is super-baller with the Lambo V-10, but I've been too scared to even look at the cost of ownership yet.

Thanks in advance.

- Jason

If you can up your budget a little, look into an E55/E63.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Bmw > Benz
      Ded

Comment

I really wanna stay close to my $30k budget, but thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Buy my 05 C55 AMG!

Comment

Mileage/Asking Price??

Comment

Try here.

Comment

Thanks....didn't see that thread..I sent him a PM

Comment

BMW's can be hellafied expensive to maintain once they are out of any sort of warranty period.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger with cheese View Post
                    Bmw > Benz

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      BMW's can be hellafied expensive to maintain once they are out of any sort of warranty period.
                      theyre not that bad really. Only thing I can say sucks about them is tires on them only last 20k miles tops. The 550's are outstanding cars

Comment

Get a low mileage e55 or higher mileage e63

Comment

As long as it's a CPO, I'd say go for it. See if they include maintenance. Oil changes are few and far between, but they are also pricey..

Comment

This could be "the one".
                            http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...epage:homepage Make&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=662+14+966+240+190+398+ 9&Q=abaf2d07-d520-49aa-9b70-c074aab1de3b

Looked at the CarMax supplementary warranty program, and it's like $1,600 for coverage up to 75k or 6yrs and a $100 deductible. I don't think that was too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger with cheese View Post
                              Bmw > Benz
                              Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Yup.
                              x2

I absolutely LOVE mine!!!
                              If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Working...
                              X