Northern Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Tool

Need to get a new/bigger tool box. Thinking about getting a top chest and adding the other pieces later when I have space.

Anyone used/have experience with the Homak Pro Series tool chests that Northern Tool sells? They look like they are pretty good quality, but would like any first hand opinions before dropping $200+ on one.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Check out these at Harbor Freight. They're built really well. Thick steel just like a Snap On box. If I had known about these back when I bought a big box I would have bougt one of these instead. And with a 20% off coupon these are an even better deal.

"You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Homak are decent boxes for the price. Like anyone else, there will be different price points within a brand name, but theirs are made well and priced fair across the board.

Comment

I've got a friend that swears by those harbor freight boxes as well. He has the big ones at his shop and in his garage at home

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          Check out these at Harbor Freight. They're built really well. Thick steel just like a Snap On box. If I had known about these back when I bought a big box I would have bougt one of these instead. And with a 20% off coupon these are an even better deal.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...net-67681.html
          can't use 20% off coupons on tool boxes anymore.

Comment

This is the toolbox I live out of

I have the older version which is just a different color and finish. I've had it for a bit over two years. Have it jam packed full of crap. I use it for work and I also roll this thing around everywhere. I recommend it 90%. Has a few flaws but for the price it's a win.

Here is the top box

When I get a new house I will be buying the top and bottom for my garage.

Comment

I second 2011GTs comments. I have the same one and while its not perfect, its a heck of a box for the price.

Comment

I went back and forth between the Harbor Freight and Northern Tool boxes/chests. Decided to go with the Homak from Northern Tool. 9 Drawer 27 inch for $219.99. Wasn't prepared for how heavy it was going to be. 95 lbs on the scale... My dog likes it too, or he's just an attention hound...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I bought a lower and upper from Home Depot recently, for a pretty good price.. Something like $200 a piece and much better quality than the Harbor Freight boxes of comparable price.

Comment

Working...
                  X