heat stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat stroke?

I am pretty sure I almost had a heat stroke yesterday. All of the sweating and beer while camping all weekend lead to being dehydrated i assume. then I tried to run my 5 miles yesterday and I stopped sweating, and it felt like someone hit me in the side of the head with a shovel. Running maybe worse for me than eating fried chicken and beer.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

drink more beer.

Comment

Be careful with that shit. Once you get hit with something like that, you are more susceptible to it from that point forward. You ain't young any more, brah.

Comment

Are you sure that your wife didn't just hit you in the side of the head with a shovel?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

You gotta cut back on the 4loko!

Comment

Drink gatorade, and water. Give your self at least 1 week before running again. This way you know you are re hydrated again.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I've had that happen before after a long hard bike ride in the summer, ended up passing out. It's not fun. Make sure you're properly hydrated at all times, and no, beer isn't a good source of hydration.

Comment

I don't think runnin 5 miles was enough. Try for 10 today, pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  I don't think runnin 5 miles was enough. Try for 10 today, pussy.

That was an autocorrect fail. He meant 5 minutes.

Comment

Heat stroke or heat exhaustion.

Last year at Redbud MX in Michigan, I got heat exhaustion I guess. It was 92 degree and 87% humidity, 107 heat index. I started feeling dizzy and started getting chills and shit, feeling sick to my stomach. I was drinking beer ! So there I am in MICHIGAN !!!!, about 1:30 in the afternoon, a Texas boy laid out in the back of the truck for about 45mins becuase of the heat.

A pro rider collapsed that day in the middle of the second moto from heat stroke and died later that night at the hospital.

Just be careful man, that heat dont play !!!!
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      That was an autocorrect fail. He meant 5 minutes.
                      That I believe.

Comment

Be glad you didn't land yourself in the hospital. I got so bad once that I vomited up any fluid I tried to drink almost immediately and ended up hooked up to an IV drip with 2 liters of saline solution.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          Be glad you didn't land yourself in the hospital. I got so bad once that I vomited up any fluid I tried to drink almost immediately and ended up hooked up to an IV drip with 2 liters of saline solution.
                          did that too once, my dad picked me up and tossed me into the pool at the house we were working on.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You need to replenish your electrolytes stat

Your go-to for Pharmacy, Health & Wellness and Photo products. Refill prescriptions online, order items for delivery or store pickup, and create Photo Gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
                              You need to replenish your electrolytes stat

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=405520260
                              i just had a big glass of brawndo

god bless
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X