'El Loco' Arrested After 49 Beheaded Bodies Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
    IMHO, adding to a pre-existing issue of clouded-judgement driving by piling on more clouded-judgement driving wont do anything but cause misery.
    Eh, you're probably right, but I just have a problem with thinking legislation will always control peoples' actions and decision making.

As well as the fact that drunken or drugged up drivers have recently taken a back seat to distracted drivers. It's all a matter of poor judgment, legislation aside. I just like the idea of people being responsible and held accountable for their actions and choices. But we all know that's a pipe dream and we need Johnny law to protect us from ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Operating a motor vehicle under the influence is not legal, no matter if the drug is.

I don't see the danger in legalizing all drugs when there are just as many addicts on legal drugs that are just as dangerous. Legislation and locking these folks up is not solving anything, and never will.

If you're going to try more illicit substances just because they are legal, then good luck to you. I won't be partaking. It's an extreme idea I admit, but we've got to try something at this point.

I don't give two shits about what happens in Mexico, now or after legalization.
      I hear what you are saying here about personal accountability, but with our society being what it is, i don't see people being responsible with some of the harder, more addictive and destructive drugs than something like weed.

Comment

Ryan, as wild as the idea of legalizing all drugs sounds, it won't increase drug use. People who will use hard drugs will use hard drugs whether it is legal or not.

It's been proven that a widespread decriminalization of drugs and the redirection of money and resources towards treatment and education programs is a model that actually decreases overall drug use, teen drug use, violence, crime, HIV cases, etc. The current drug laws we have in place just fail. Time for something new!

Comment

It’s both sides of the borders Fault, we even supply them with guns and ammo to keep the killing going even a US government agency was supplying them with guns.

I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            Ryan, as wild as the idea of legalizing all drugs sounds, it won't increase drug use. People who will use hard drugs will use hard drugs whether it is legal or not.

It's been proven that a widespread decriminalization of drugs and the redirection of money and resources towards treatment and education programs is a model that actually decreases overall drug use, teen drug use, violence, crime, HIV cases, etc. The current drug laws we have in place just fail. Time for something new!
            i agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              i agree 100%
              If they legalized and marijuana was okay for DoD clearances, I'd drink less. Not that I'm an alcoholic, but it takes a lot of drinking to feel good the older I get. (regardless of beer/whiskey...etc)
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                I hear what you are saying here about personal accountability, but with our society being what it is, i don't see people being responsible with some of the harder, more addictive and destructive drugs than something like weed.

Legislating freedom on the basis of the lowest common denominator is a terrible thing for a "democracy" to allow.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  If they legalized and marijuana was okay for DoD clearances, I'd drink less. Not that I'm an alcoholic, but it takes a lot of drinking to feel good the older I get. (regardless of beer/whiskey...etc)
                  yup. no hangovers with weed

can't remember if i saw it on here or maybe a bumper sticker, but the phrase "i can't wait till the older generation is gone so weed will be legal" is so true it's unreal

Comment

Poor el Loco. He's only doing the job that Americans won't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                      Since Caledron took office 50k deaths related to the "drug war". Roughly 8-10% of those were police/military. Their previous passive policies yielded a much lower "non-cartel" death toll. I have a feeling they will be returning back to those policies VERY shortly.

Our problem is our current "drug war" has done nothing but fill the jails, it obviously has not curbed the demand/usage. Drug user treatment has been proven to be more effective by a huge magnitude but we'd rather throw them in jail knowing they'll be back in the game the day they get out. Until we get a handle on the part of the equation we can control I don't see how criticizing any other country is really fair (esp. since WE fund that very problem). Mexico will throw in the towel, all this violence for what, to keep drugs out of the US?

Solution?

Tactical air strikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        it's our fault.
                        You mean it's not "Bush's" fault....OMG, what has the world come too, don't let Obama hear that!

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          Solution?

Tactical air strikes.
                          They don't pay me for solutions do I do the easy thing and just point out the problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            As long as vice is viewed as something to be legislated, the cycle will repeat.
                            Legalization is the worst possible solution. When we decriminalize drugs addicts will be considered disabled and the minority of people that are currently working and paying taxes will have to support yet another tier of slackers, deadbeats and layabouts. In this scenario, where is the incentive for the poor to better themselves - when they can sit in a recliner with their dick in one hand, a blunt in the other, waiting for a disability check? After all, they can’t help it – they’re sick.

Our current system already encourages irresponsibility, idleness and illegitimacy. (And we all know that we’ve gotten what we’ve paid for.) Should we encourage drug use as well?

This country doesn’t need to do anything to further enable the increasingly large number of bottom dwellers that are dragging this country down. The day the denizens of Wal-Mart can conveniently pick up a bag of weed and/or blow to go with their cart load of soda and chips is the day America tips over the edge.

In principle I’m a believer in small unobtrusive government. I could give two shits about what other people do… as long as it doesn’t affect me. But in the reality of an ever expanding welfare state I am inextricably tied to the huddled masses yearning for something free. As a taxpayer who’s on the hook for supporting people who are too lazy, sick or fucked up to work because of their ‘lifestyle choices’ you can bet that I going to take issue with legislative changes designed to give them unfettered access to even more pathways to failure.

Comment

• hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
                                Legalization is the worst possible solution. When we decriminalize drugs addicts will be considered disabled and the minority of people that are currently working and paying taxes will have to support yet another tier of slackers, deadbeats and layabouts. In this scenario, where is the incentive for the poor to better themselves - when they can sit in a recliner with their dick in one hand, a blunt in the other, waiting for a disability check? After all, they can’t help it – they’re sick.

I've got news for you, that is already happening on a large scale. In the end, yes, some things would deteriorate, while some things would improve. That is a net result of nearly any change. The best thing to do in that case is shore up the possible problems before the switch to decrease the likelihood of adverse effects. We need to reduce welfare any way.

What it comes down to, is you are never going to "cure" human nature. You'll just dilute it. In the caveman days, women were attracted to men who were virile, strong, and could provide safety. Now they are attracted to men with money because money provides all those things on a different societal and timescale level. It's really Anthropology 101 when you get down to it. Restraining ourselves is only stunting our evolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X