Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of moron calls on auto parts at 4 am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A text is one thing a call is different. I don't mind getting texts throughout the night if I have something on craigslist. A call at 4am would make me a little angry.

I guess I don't see where he called you...

Comment

GoogleVoice.

They can call it and leave a VM, they can text it (annd i can reply) - but it doesn't do anything more than send me an email.

Sweet sweet silence.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        A text is one thing a call is different. I don't mind getting texts throughout the night if I have something on craigslist. A call at 4am would make me a little angry.

I guess I don't see where he called you...
        My phone still rings with a text and wakes me up. What really pissed me off was him blaming me instead of saying he was sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          GoogleVoice.

They can call it and leave a VM, they can text it (annd i can reply) - but it doesn't do anything more than send me an email.

Sweet sweet silence.
          hmm didn't know about this I'll have to check it out for my next ad.
          Especially since from the replies about half of the people on here don't see a problem with bad phone manners.

Comment

A moron that wants to give you money for your parts. lol.
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

It's a little different, given that it's for work, but I get emails and texts 24 hours a day. I also get phone calls at all hours of the night. And I don't mean a phone call, and they leave a voicemail for me to call back the next morning. They call repeatedly until I pick up. And no, I'm not in an "on call" position.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                It's a little different, given that it's for work, but I get emails and texts 24 hours a day. I also get phone calls at all hours of the night. And I don't mean a phone call, and they leave a voicemail for me to call back the next morning. They call repeatedly until I pick up. And no, I'm not in an "on call" position.
                Sounds like it's time for a unlisted number or a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                  Someone that wants to make a sale to a actual adult! I never respond to a ad that doesn't have a phone number. And on a car ad I don't respond if there isn't a picture.
                  You want to make a sale to an actual adult, then you complain when they call you? Put it on your ad next time, no calls after 10pm
                  Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

I keep mine on silent at night. I never know when I'm going to get a random call from a doctor or drunk dialed by Yale. I also have a guy friend that has a tendency to leave some fucked up voicemails at 4am. Those are always fun to listen to...

Comment

Especially since from the replies about half of the people on here don't see a problem with bad phone manners.

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                      You want to make a sale to an actual adult, then you complain when they call you? Put it on your ad next time, no calls after 10pm
                      See above. With proper manners noone should be calling that late. Someone calling that late is just a dumbass punk.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a unlisted number or a new job.
                        It's usually an emergency, and they know I will pick up, but they also know there is absolutely nothing I can do when a piece of equipment catches fire at 4am. Just part of the territory I guess, it doesn't even bother me anymore, unless I've been at the bar all night.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

See above. With proper manners noone should be calling that late. Someone calling that late is just a dumbass punk.
                          He didn't call you, he texted. Which in today's world is perfectly acceptable since you can ignore a text pretty easily and respond back at your convenience.

FYI, this a 24/7/365 world and there are no more phone manners.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I have the same problem, but I keep mine on silent. If I answer one of those calls after about 9pm, their software provider is getting invoiced $200 for after hours support. Very few doctors have my number. The ones that get it from me know not to abuse the privilege, but every now and then, a wayward tech will give it out.

Comment

Did you expect any better from CL?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                                Did you expect any better from CL?
                                He makes a valid point.

Comment

Working...
                                X