What's traffic like on 114/121 in the AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's traffic like on 114/121 in the AM

With all the construction on 114, I know traffic sucks, but how bad is it going East on 114 to N. 121 in morning rush hour? Have a Dr. appt. tomorrow morning and have to drive thru all that crap, so trying to get an estimate on what time to leave the casa.

It varies a lot. With no "incidents", 7:30 to 8:30 seems to be the slowest. Average speed around that time is usually 15 to 30mph.
    Just leave plenty early.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Its gettin better though. At least from what it was.
      Photobucket

Comment

I go through that area every day around 7am but going Westbound. It ALWAYS looks terrible going East so I'd plan on allowing for more time.

Comment

My commute takes me from Roanoke (114 and Precinct Line) to Coppell every morning.

It sucks, but with a few shortcuts, it is doable. I don't mess with the highway. I exit Kimble (or the exit right after it depending on where the backup is) and go up to where we used to be able to turn left onto 26 (which is now completely gone)

So I turn left at 1709 and take Wall St all the way to Texan Trail. It works 80% of the time, and beats being bumper to bumper until 121.

Remember, they just did the pavement switch, so you are really crammed in there and the exit for 121/360 is now wayyyy sooner than before.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            My commute takes me from Roanoke (114 and Precinct Line) to Coppell every morning.

It sucks, but with a few shortcuts, it is doable. I don't mess with the highway. I exit Kimble (or the exit right after it depending on where the backup is) and go up to where we used to be able to turn left onto 26 (which is now completely gone)

So I turn left at 1709 and take Wall St all the way to Texan Trail. It works 80% of the time, and beats being bumper to bumper until 121.

Remember, they just did the pavement switch, so you are really crammed in there and the exit for 121/360 is now wayyyy sooner than before.

Listen to this guy. I go opposite every day (Coppell to Roanoke in morning and back in evening) and that is the way to go. Traffic east in morning and west at night just sucks from 114 in Southlake through 121. It's even backing up the other direction now. I guess business is growing out west or something. So, I've taken Kimble to Dove to Texan Trail before or 1709 to Wall to Texan Trail trying to get home. Much better than sitting in 114 warzone as 121N just backs up really really bad in rush hour.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Jeez, just my luck the Dr moved his office. I thought it sucked before going to 635/MacArthur, this is far worse!

Comment

Rob, exit Kimball and take the service road to 1709 and turn left. Once you cross over the bridge, turn left again on Park and then right on Northwest Hwy. You can take Northwest Hwy. all the way over to 121 and avoid all the fucking mess. That being said, between 7:15-8:30, quite a few others will be doing the same thing, but it still beats sitting in traffic.

Comment

We live at 114 and Kimball (behind the Chicken Express). I take the side street by Gateway Church to Kimball and take that to Dove all the way to Texan Trail to NWH to 121. It takes about 10-15 mins getting to 121 (by Gvine Mills mall). If I get on 114, I can go from Kimball to Main street in *maybe* 20 mins.

Kat
                  --Marcus

Comment

Working...
                  X