How in the $#@%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the $#@%

Do you get past these online resume programs. I am on my second application with Boeing that has maintained its under consideration status several weeks past the closing date of the job posting. I try to call, but I can't find a way to talk to a person about the job status and if there is anything further I can do to help my resume/application along.

Any tips/points? Anyone working for Boeing in Richardson?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

In my intro to programming class I wrote a Java program designed to go through uploaded applications and search for key-words and if they were mentioned more than X number of times, it flagged it as garbage. I'm not saying that's what they're doing, but people get so hung up on all these key-words like "team player," "self-motivated," "go-getter," etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      In my intro to programming class I wrote a Java program designed to go through uploaded applications and search for key-words and if they were mentioned more than X number of times, it flagged it as garbage. I'm not saying that's what they're doing, but people get so hung up on all these key-words like "team player," "self-motivated," "go-getter," etc.
      synergies
      organic

I want to punch babies when I hear/read those two.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        synergies
        organic

Agreed. There are quite a few others that I put in there that would automatically flag a resume to be trashed. I'm pretty sure my professor sold it off to some company as starter code for a larger program to do exactly what I wrote it to do. I don't really care either way. Doing the research for most over-used words in resumes shed a metric shit-ton of light on how I should be writing/re-writing my resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Do you get past these online resume programs. I am on my second application with Boeing that has maintained its under consideration status several weeks past the closing date of the job posting. I try to call, but I can't find a way to talk to a person about the job status and if there is anything further I can do to help my resume/application along.

Any tips/points? Anyone working for Boeing in Richardson?
          If it's anything related to defense, you might as well just carry on. They are having so much back and forth staffing that nothing will happen fast.

Comment

It's a waiting game with them. My buddy I told you about is in the same boat.

Comment

synergies
              organic

...Paradigm shift....pretty much any of the catch words and phrases from the Zig Ziegler lectures make me want to kick babies.

Comment

I don't recall if it is defense related or not. I finally got someone at their corporate HQ on the phone and they confirmed that there is nothibg I can do until I get the call for an interview. The last position I was under consideration for closed right after Thanksgiving. I didn't hear anything until early Feb. Of course it was the, we went another direction e-mail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

synergies
                  organic

Nothing pisses me off more than hearing sales people use terms that are traditionally military.

Tactical
                  Close air support
                  so on and so on...

...and a lot of them are borderline anti-military.'

Plus all the usual terms that fall under sales punch list of words to be used in a meeting.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                  X