Ultimate yearbook prank for the Nugyen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate yearbook prank for the Nugyen

They may have different friends and different interests but nothing brings high school students together like alphabetical order.

For the eight students at a California high school with the same last name-Nguyen- it was obvious their wallet-size snapshots would be sharing the same yearbook page.

So instead of exerting their individuality with the standard Grateful Dead quote and a prom-worthy up-do, they decided to join forces for the ultimate prank. Alexandra, Angela, Angelica, Elizabeth, Emily, Isabella, Madeline and Vi Nguyen all wore the same black off-shoulder dresses and the same hairstyles. Then they went for the win.

Eschewing the optional yearbook one-liner under each of their photos, they divided up two sentences that made fellow students and administrators think twice before making any stereotypical assumptions. Altogether, the words under the Nguyen girls' eight pictures read: "We know what you're thinking and no we're not related."

After a fellow student posted the yearbook image on her Facebook page, it was picked up by Tosh O, The Daily Mail and a slew of other humor sites, earning the teenagers the collective honor of "funniest yearbook quote ever."

"Not to brag or anything, but I came up with this," Isabella Nguyen, one of the eight girls commented on her own Facebook page.

I saw that earlier. Very nice.

Comment

Nguyen is this madness going to end?

Comment

would do 7 of 8

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          would do 7 of 8
          Liar. I bet the jail time would convince you.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Nguyen is this madness going to end?
            Nguyen-ing.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Looked a lot like my High School yearbook. There were about 20 Nguyens.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                You think thats bad, check out UTA.

Comment

That year book is full of Nguyen!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Go to HS in Richardson?

Comment

wait...what?....isn't that just the same chick 8 times?
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        wait...what?....isn't that just the same chick 8 times?
                        Hard to say. She keeps squinting.

Comment

How is that a good joke or prank at all? Did that just completely go under my head?

Comment

Ah, egomania, when you even have to change common sayings...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              How is that a good joke or prank at all? Did that just completely go under my head?
                              All 8 girls wore the same dress and same hairstyle. Under each of their names was part of a sentence which read; "We know what you're thinking and no we're not related." Personally I think it is pretty clever, no one was hurt, and those kids proved they are not taking themselves too seriously. Compared to what others have done this is very mild. I'm sure some panty waist liberal out there will be offended.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

Working...
                              X